Narrow body windscreen/surround

amc_black

As part of the winter up grade I want to change my windscreen to a modern black one with the fitted mirrors as seen on the widebodied cars. What is the best way to achieve this?? Is it possible to buy new (preffered) or get the old one stripped and repainted, its currently bare metal. The current single seater type mirrors give NO reward vision and I think the modern mirrors will do a better job. Thanks for any help available.

Hi,

I'm in the market for a windscreen and surround ( in "alloy" finish) as my glass is a bit scratched. If you replace it with new and the old one is in good conditon do you want to sell it ?

Paul.

update -got one  from from E-bay

If its any good to either of you, I've just removed my ali windscreen from my narrow body.  Its the type with the fitted mirrors (although I think the mirrors are a different style to the current ones).  Also have all weather gear, scuttle top, trim, wipers etc to go with it.

Anyway if its any good for either of you PM me.

Hi AMC,

I did what you want to do on my last Narrow SE and it made a huge difference, I could see the whole world behind me in the newer Mini Metro type mirrors.

The widebody uprights are not a perfect fit but good enough and the fillet will have to be trimmed a bit but again, achieveable.

Hope that helps

Tigger