Vauxhall XE 2nd/oil/scavenge/dry sump/pump thing

gee_fin

As the title says :)

Well, okay, I'm not entirely sure of the workings of this, never having used it, but I believe it is a secondary oil pump driven off the water pulley allowing you to have a secondary reservior of oil to ensure a constant supply. It has an oil in/out (to draw and return from secondary tank/supply) all ready with nice shiny Mocal fittings. For fitting to a Vauxhall XE engine. A sort of not dry sump but kind of replacement for it thing.

Currently taking up room, call it £40inc delivery and perhaps could be the cheapest 'dry sump'esque system you'll fit.

graeme@fluke-motorsport.co.uk/07747 60 60 66

Cheers,

Graeme.

drysumpthing_01.jpg

drysumpthing_02.jpg

Courtesy of PeterW -

It looks like a Swindon dry sump pump that replaces the ali oil pump cover on the XE.  Seems to be lacking the drive shaft & pulley.  My sons car has one of these driven by a toothed belt from an extra pulley mounted to water pump.  

Pete

:t-up:

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.