Ten of the Best 2006 - July 30th Elvington

RS WST

Austen, form and dyno sheet on its way Friday.

Similar to Scooby......700KG, Tonnes of BHP and driven like a nunney should help. :p

Might stick my T4 on as well to push the 500HP mark and really go for it!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RS WST

• polly_x

• Blatman

• tex

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

URGENT UPDATE

For any of you that are still considering competing at this years ten of the best.

Please download a registration form from www.totb.co.uk

I would be grateful if you could also contact Chris Mann ASAP to make sure there will be a space for you before you send off the cheque.

I will be going to Elvington this Sunday for a Qualifying session for a few runs, even though I'm only running .5 bar

For further details email Chris at:

chris_mann86@hotmail.com

PS. All cars have to be road legal, insured and registered with an MOT if applicable and must run road tyres. There is a noise limit of 105db at 4500rpm at 0.5m at 45 degrees.

Regards

Austen Ward

Just spoken to Chris the organiser

There is a 95% chance some of us can enter if we get the forms to him by this Sunday as there are currently spaces available.

(deadline is this Sunday for forms to be sent off)

Chris Mann can be contacted at:

CHRIS MANN

TEL: 0114 2695510

MOB: 07761 789291

How much is it? And how much power do i need?  Its getting mapped on tuesday but the diff and cv's are on the way out, so not sure if i should do any launches.

£90 entry and power well as much as you can get lol.

I know John Felstead usually has a crack at the handling part in his Scoob

Heres some info on the competition  :p

http://bbs.22b.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004095

Plenty of other cars on there that are going to be running as well.

Well I don't think 280-300 will cut it then, especially as I haven't really driven it in anger yet, and with a full screen my top speed will be severly limited.

Maybe next year

I have spoken with Westfield and they will be supplying me with the tall Westfield flagpoles / banners and might even be exhibiting on the day which would be a result.

• 3 weeks later...

I offered to help with putting the flagsup and stuff, but my posting disapeared?

Iwill be there at 9 sharp and if you dont need any help then i will just have to hurl abuse at Mr Algar  :p

Quite awesome machinery a bit max power v chav central but that aside some quality gear.

The guy who worked his way through the eliminators in a 2.0 Corsa with Nitrous sporting steel wheels and Halfords wheel trims, certainly upset some of the established guys! :D

I agree the corsa looked just like a 1.2 merit, was ace to watch & upset the current holder of the fastest front drive car (rover 25 with tomcat engine) by beating him...lol

Was some awsome powered cars 1200bhp supra, & rocket ronnie doing 203.9mph in his skyline...wow

But there was some fantastic westys, who's was the guys running over 600bhp in his megabusa tubo? that car was mad.

I think there was a disabled guy in a westy with all hand controls he did a great job, (respect)

I had a great day, went with some chav mates but didnt expect to see some westys but glad they were there.

top guys....

Well was a "not bad" day out. Started with the car going in for some final mapping on Friday. Went in with 400BHP to hopefully achieve 500BHP and came out with 300BHP???? and ran out of time to sort it so had to take it as was.

Camping was fun on Sat night with plenty of BBQ food and beers, but jesus did it rain at 2am!!!

Then onto Sunday............MMMMM.............I did terrible in all events!!!! Let the Westys down! For some reason I forgot how to change gear on the qtr mile and missed more gears than I ate packets of crisps camping the night before!!

On the handling track I had split times to rival the winner but lost it on the last corner!!!!

Top speed I have no idea what I got, but backed off as I thought I was about to take off once I got higher up the revs in 5th!!

It could have been organised 100 times better though. Spent all day in queues and saw nothing of the other cars running. Would make so much more sense to let people do all 5 handling laps in one go at your allocated time. The queue was over an hour long at some points.

I think Austen ran some pretty good times on the qtr.