• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Stupid v8 question...

dern

Is it carbs and OEM ignition, or has it been converted to Mapped ignition and/or TB's?

If it's on carbs and a dizzy, you are likely to have just one. If it's mapped/dis/injection etc, you may have more than one. A photo of the inside of the engine bay would solve it quite easily....

Is it carbs and OEM ignition, or has it been converted to Mapped ignition and/or TB's?

If it's on carbs and a dizzy, you are likely to have just one. If it's mapped/dis/injection etc, you may have more than one. A photo of the inside of the engine bay would solve it quite easily....

It's on a carb and a dizzy and this is the only picture of the engine bay I have on me...

5.jpg

...the reason for the question is that I've found an armtech speed shift box on ebay that I want to bid for. It gives change up and change down lights as well as a rev limiter and a speed shift system. One of these things is designed for a single coil and one for a twin coild system. I'm not interested in the speed shift system and am assuming I can disable it and basically only want the thing if it goes for not much money in order to give me a shift light.

Thanks,

Mark

Where the 8 ignition cables disapear under the nose, they end up at the distributor. The 9th lead will go to a coil. I'll stick my neck out and say you have but a single coil under there somewhere. Follow the 9th lead for the answer...

Where the 8 ignition cables disapear under the nose, they end up at the distributor. The 9th lead will go to a coil. I'll stick my neck out and say you have but a single coil under there somewhere. Follow the 9th lead for the answer...

I'll have a look when I get home... just wondered if the answer might be "don't be daft, of course you only have one coil" and I could bid away with impunity ;)

It turns out the seller doesn't know which model he is selling anyway :bangshead:

Thanks though.

Regards,

Mark