surplus ironmongery

mhc

Surplus to requirerments. 1 pair of sei driveshafts, gundrilled and honed. Total weight 2.58 klgs, If coupled to lightened lobros a significant weight reduction, £150, regards.

Ash, do you really want me to go out to that rotten cold garage to measure them for you ? OK then. Circlip groove centres are, 455mm and 415mm, regards.

Ash, do you really want me to go out to that rotten cold garage to measure them for you ? Kind regards.

I guess that depends if you want to sell them  ???

Jan, these are to fit a sierra diff only. The price from Westfield for a pair of plain d/shafts is £135 + carriage.So you can see what a bargain these are .I cannot understand why these d/shafts have not sold. The weight saving per £ far exceeds that of ( bling bling ) carbon. Hold on the phone is ringing. Hello fastman , "are they still for sale" yes , "are they as described" yes, "good, consider them sold". Sorry folks its a done deal. regards.

Hi mhc,

I'm not in the running for the driveshafts but was does gundrilling involve?  ???  Is that a hole down the centre of the driveshaft?  ???  Also honing? I know honing cylinders but a driveshaft?  ???

Ta

Geoff

:)

Yes, they are drilled with a 12.5 mm long fluted drill. A different cutting edge to a normal twist drill. More akin to an old stye Rawplug jumper bit (you're probably too young to remember them ).Blatman may do a search and post a picture. The resultant burrs inside the hole act as stress raisers. These are then removed with a honing tool. All proper race cars employ similar techniques on the many rotational shafts in a modern day racecar, regards.

Can't be arsed to search for a picture, but I will say this. mhc has never given me duff advice about *anything* in the 8+ years I've been bothering him with muppet questions :0

I always liked the Muppets as a kid :D

Thanks mhc. I take it a lathe would be necessary to make sure you line up on the middle of the shaft?

Geoff

:)

Thanks mhc. I take it a lathe would be necessary to make sure you line up on the middle of the shaft?

You certainly wouldnt want to be trying it with a battery powered Black & Decker.... :p  :D

You certainly wouldnt want to be trying it with a battery powered Black & Decker.... :p  :D

Oh I don't know... :devil:

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.