• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Thames Valley Meeting 12th Feb

Neil H

Hi All.

A bit of a change for next month's meeting (12th Feb); we'll have ourselves a nice country drive to meet Steve Richards and the Surrey boyz at their venue for lunch - The Parrot, near Forest Green, Surrey.

Surrey Venue

I suggest those wishing to join in meet at The Bird in Hand for 10:30, whereby we can have a coffee, before setting off on the 40-odd mile trip; for which I'll devise an "interesting" route (don't yet know why it'll be interesting).

The Surrey lot look forward to seeing us from 1pm onwards. They thoroughly recommend the food; which I'll be up for. Menu below.

Those that wish to attend, and eat lunch at The Parrot, please mail or PM me; I'll need to give numbers to Steve.

Many thanks to James for suggesting this meet.

Hopefully see some of you on the day,

Neil

MENU

Sunday Lunch

Carrot & Coriander with a Hint of Ginger Soup £4.00

Own Cured Gravadlax with Dill Sauce & Brown Bread £5.25

Chacuterie with Herb Foccacia (Mixed Code Meats & Salami) £5.25

Monkfish, Pan-fried with Fresh Chillies, Garlic & Ginger with

New Potatoes & Braised Fennel £11.25

Penne with Roast Mediterranean Vegetables, Baby Spinach

And Cherry Tomatoes £8.95

Sunday Roasts £10.95

…..  children’s to inc. ice cream £ 5.75

Roast Leg of Home Farm Lamb

Roast Sirloin of Beef (from Angus cattle on Speyside)

Roast Loin of Pork

All served with Roast Vegetables, Potatoes, Green Vegetables and Yorkshire Pudding.

Pudds: £4.50

Apple Pie with Custard

Chocolate Tart & Cream

Fresh Fruit Salad & Ice Cream

Berry Cheesecake

Jude’s Ice Creams – vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, butterscotch £3.50

Ploughmans with Mature Cheddar or Norbury Blue Cheese £6.50

I'd like to come to this one, but I don't think my Westie will be back on the road by then  :down:  :down:

Does anyone that is going have a spare seat  ???  ???

David

P.S. Can provide own helmet & waterproofs :D  :D  :D

If it isn't persisting down, count me in... :t-up:

And I may have a spare seat David. Bring a spare pair of undies and I'll do the whole journey like it's one big long sprint :0:0:0

Does anyone that is going have a spare seat  ???  ???

Will have spare seat; if no one closer to Reading needs a lift.

Would need to meet at the Bird (if it works for you?), as Surrey Steve recons we should get to the Parrot before 1pm to guarantee grub! So, may have to leave not long after 10:30!

Cheers,

Neil

My car is till off the road then,but 'hopefully' can cadge a lift from 'Bone crusher Dale' as we are going to inspect his car at the factory this week end,with a view to it heading home in the week and hopefully I will drive it before the spinmeister.

Blatters

I am a very relaxed passenger............I get more frightened next to slow drivers that don't read the road  :0  :0  :0

Just don't ask me to read a map while you're driving.......I wolud need to bring a spare carpet set for you :down:  :down:

Neil

Hopefully either yourself or Blatters will have a spare seat, so I will come to the Bird in Hand in the tin top.

David

David, no worries- seems you've got a lift either way.

If anyone from Reading asks for a lift I'll check you're ok first.

Cheers,

Neil

I'll also probably have a spare seat if anyone needs one. But you'll have to be able to squeeze into race seats in a narrow-bodied car. (I'm finding this a little more difficult after Christmas! :p )

If it isn't persisting down, count me in... :t-up:

And I may have a spare seat David. Bring a spare pair of undies and I'll do the whole journey like it's one big long sprint :0:0:0

Or not. I can't make it :down:

I have to go to my teenage nieces birthday party to make sure all the young ladies behave themsleves....  :D  :D  :D  :D

Mmmmmmm 6th formers :0

I'll also probably have a spare seat if anyone needs one. But you'll have to be able to squeeze into race seats in a narrow-bodied car.

I can squeeze into most things  :p  :D

Looks I should be able to travel in style one way or another  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

David

David.

Seen Blatter's post (can't make it), no problems, you still have two other offers of a spare seat.

That is unless you decide to go for list "99" in order to improve your chances of becoming a PE teacher ;-)

Cheers,

Neil