• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• adhawkins

• jago

• Peter Cox

how does one find out what off set you have or need  :bangshead:

This topic has been debated many times before, use the search facility on this forum.

I understand the standerd off set of standard seiw cars is approx 38, with PCD of 108 (which is the wheel nut spacing measured across the diagonal from the centre of the holes).

I measured mine recently, and indeed it was 38.

Paul.

thanks guys for your help much valued :bangshead:

Ask a more specific question and you might get a more specific answer!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :t-up:

The answer to the question is, it's usually stamped on the wheel, usually on the inner part of the hub. If not, whilel the wheel is off you can measure it by following the destructions on the web sites above.

Or if you want to know because you need to buy wheels, we need to know if it's a new kit, an SDV, or an old car or what.

And as has been said, it's an oft covered subject around here. I doubt we'll be posting any *new* information any time soon...

thanks blatman just what i needed to know. got nothing stamped on wheel at all . mind you they are getting on a bit . 13 inch cosmics .just testing the waters for some new wheels thanks again mate . jago

Don't stop there. Do you have a wide body car, narrow body car or what? We may be able to give you a simple answer once we have all the info...

And if you're after 13 x 7s, I've got a set for sale. :t-up:

Andy

And if you're after 13 x 7s, I've got a set for sale. :t-up:

Andy

What's the offset Andy?

...if, that is, you know how to measure it? :p  :D

[original question serious]

They're stamped ET5, but I measured them for someone else (I measured the total width of the tyre, and the distance from tyre to mounting face) and he reckoned they were ET30. This would fit with them sitting too far in on my car.

Andy

And if you're after 13 x 7s, I've got a set for sale.

Andy

Wow.  these wheels are now advertised in Newbie's, Techy and Parts for Sale.

now thats wot I call effective marketing!

:p    :p    :p    <------  NB

Well, I've been trying to get rid of them for bl**** months! The owner of my new set is probably getting fed up storing them for me :blush:

Andy

Nope. The storgae charge is mounting though :oops:

And please tell me you measured the wheel and not the tyre when you measured the offset...