Front wishbone swap

dern

Is your car insufficiently bling?

Got black wishbones?

Wish you'd got chrome ones?

I'll do a straight swap (assuming they are the same fitment).

Regards,

Mark

Mark,if it snows,can get them stripped and re coated.

I read that I could get them stripped somewhere that does the chrome plating - I think blatman mentioned it was a simple reversal of the process. Do you know anywhere local that does this though?

I just figured this was an easier path frankly ;)

i beleive that the chrome can be sand blasted then powder coated as it its. It doesn't have to be stripped back to bare metal!!  Someone will probably correct me though:(

Andy

I have some which have the cortina btm ball joint and transit top which i'd gladly swop + cash from me so you can get them re powder coated if your interested

Mark

I have some which have the cortina btm ball joint and transit top which i'd gladly swop + cash from me so you can get them re powder coated if your interested

Mark

To be honest I just want to swap some over rather than get into a process of stripping and/or powder coating because I don't want to take it off the road for longer than I have to.

Thanks though,

Mark

PM sent, Terry B

Got the PM Terry, are they in reasonable nick?

I'll take some pictures of mine at the w/e so you can see what mine look like.

How do we know if we can swap them straight over? Do I take off my balljoints and give you the bones with my bushes and you do the same... what's the best way forward?

If you don't know I'll ask on the techie forum as I don't I'm afraid.

Cheers,

Mark

Slight screw up on my part... been working on the car today and my bones have some slight surface corrosion which isn't an issue but the chrome has flaked away in one place.

I've PM'd Terry but I'm afraid it wouldn't be a great swap for anyone so I'll get them blasted and coated.

Sorry,

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.