Does anyone know this car?!?

The Great Fandango

I remember going back some 18 months ago when I was first looking to buy a Westie, and stumbling across the most gorgeous Yellow SEight, twin underslung exhausts, rear valance, lockable boot, chrome package, fuel injected V8... the list goes on but the thing that sticks in my mind the most was the number plate:

"SIEGHT"

Can anyone offer me any advice as to what this car has been up to in the last 18 months? Are there any previous owners out there able to give their valued opinion?

The website address is:

http://www.findit.co.uk/cars/westfield/248510.php

and  even better:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/55239.htm

I'm REALLY tempted to sell my beloved Crimson "Muriel" - a 2.0litre zetec, in favour of this car.

What do you all think???

Best regards

Kyle Harrison

Been looking into that very car myself...although it looks like muriel is a more sellable commodity than boghouse at the moment

Seems expensive to me for the time of year. I recently bought a 98 4.6l for 3 grand less than that.

"Drives as new with no bump steer or rear wheel power steer as it should"... itchy chin, I could barely touch the throttle in mine last night ;)

Mark

I've been looking @ this car as too.  Well at every secondhand Westie I can find at the moment.

How much more expensive is it coming from a trade dealer and how much is that number plate worth?

Dave

I'm REALLY tempted to sell my beloved Crimson "Muriel" - a 2.0litre zetec, in favour of this car.

What do you all think???

Best regards

Kyle Harrison

Go for it Kyle I had a 2.0 SBD XE until I got onto a 2001 EFi 3.9 it was the best move I made, ok V8's are pretty heavy mines a wopping 749KGs but since I built a new 4.6 efi to TVR spec and dropped that in, it  sounds fantastic goes like a gazzle on Speed plus its underslung exhaust and its quiet and I was averaging 30mpg in the USA with the car

I've seen the car lots of times B4 and I think its a 2000 and its an efi underslunger so great mpg and great noise

Buzz

The Excusive V8 Club

How old is it???

You should buy a v8 though, they are bl**** marvellous. It's one of those cars with a huge sense of occasion that you can enjoy driving slowly as well as when you want to go quickly probably simply because of the noise as much as anything else.

Go for it Kyle I had a 2.0 SBD XE until I got onto a 2001 EFi 3.9 it was the best move I made, ok V8's are pretty heavy mines a wopping 749KGs but since I built a new 4.6 efi to TVR spec and dropped that in, it  sounds fantastic goes like a gazzle on Speed plus its underslung exhaust and its quiet and I was averaging 30mpg in the USA with the car

30mpg?! I get 14mpg... does fuel injection really make that much difference?

What do I need to convert my weber carb'd engine to FI?

Ahh but Buzz was having to take it easy to allow the Cateringvans to keep up  :cool:  :p  :D

Ahh but Buzz was having to take it easy to allow the Cateringvans to keep up

No he wasn't he had to thrash the A*** out of it to keep up with me  :p  :p  :p

Cheers for all your input guys... I'm still playing with this idea of selling my Zetec and from what I gather there's been a fair bit of interest on this Yellow V8...

If my memory serves me correctly, it was significantly cheaper some 18 months ago - the price of £10,400 rings a bell!

You will need it to keep up with me & Buzz

You will need it to keep up with me & Buzz

That might be a problem, if i take the BM............

I remember 2004, on the way bak to the Ferry, leaving a toll they all said that they wouldn't go over 100mph for the rest of the trip, i was doing 110 as they were dissapearing over the horizon.......................................

It was only the fact that they started running out of fuel that i caught them, i'm sure Niel B said that his GPS clocked 126mph at one point....................

Still i managed to warp my new breaks on the 944 trying to keep up, so god knows what it will be like in a Diesel Estate.... :D  :D  :D  :bangshead:

Still i might be able to charge for breakdown support and Luggage/Tent delivery service................. :blues:  :blues:  :blues:  :blues:  :blues:

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.