Le Mans 2006

Muttleys V8

Thanx for sorting the out Ferries Muttley, top show. I think we need to have a meet B4 Christmas to discuss the finer points of the tour. We should meet in a pub some where in Holmfirth and discuss it over a beer say 1 friday nite from 7pm :love:  :xmas:

We could have it as the Offical 2005 Le-Mans Christmas Party/descussion/meeting?

Wot do you think?

Buzz

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buzz Billsberry

• Muttleys V8

• Charlie - Yorksboys.

• Blatman

Fanstastic idea, Maybe invite some of the Manchester Mob for a beer as well?

Steve

OH NO!!!! Me senses major hangover being booked for next day!!!!! :p  :p  :p  :p

For God sake keep me and Marcus away from the whisky!!! :D  :D  :D  :D

That will be true! we need to get a date organised as my free weekends are get thin on the ground now only wkend 17th Dec or is it best on a friday got 25th Nov, 2nd,9th Dec ?

Buzz

i/we have done it by driving down over night Friday night after work, watching the race (no sleep) and driving back Sunday night, couple of hours kip before going to work Monday.

The benefits is that it was cheep, with no days off work the only the cost to worry about is the diesel, the channel tunnel, general entrance fee and half a baguette. The down side is that it was difficult to do much work on the Monday!.... but its well worth it even if you can only do the cheap option.

:)

Diesel Westy, eh :p ?

But seriously, the quickest way for me from South Wales will be via the ferry from Pompey-Caen (or maybe St Malo).  Mind you, the roads to Poole and Weymouth are more interesting :cool:!

Anybody else considering either of these routes?  Bear in mind that mine is newly built, and the engine won't be run in by then so I won't be wanting to go fast  ;)  ;)  :devil:  :devil:

But seriously, the quickest way for me from South Wales will be via the ferry from Pompey-Caen (or maybe St Malo).  Mind you, the roads to Poole and Weymouth are more interesting :cool:!

Anybody else considering either of these routes?  Bear in mind that mine is newly built, and the engine won't be run in by then so I won't be wanting to go fast  ;)  ;)  :devil:  :devil:

This Section is for the Yorkshire/Lancashire area or anybody near by who'd rather go Hull-Zebrugge. Rather than the usual routes. We find it works best for us doing this route. Enjoyable overnite ferry, entertainment a nice drive down thro' Belgium into france and when its over a nice steady race back up to Zebrugge!!

The Main reason is who wants to spend 7 hours travelling from the south coast back upto yorkshire/Lancashire on the ****test roads in Europe when we can spend 8hrs on great roads, beautiful countryside, finish off with an overnite ferry with a night club,bed breakfast and only a 40 min drive in the morning!!

Buzz

The Main reason is who wants to spend 7 hours travelling from the south coast back upto yorkshire/Lancashire on the ****test roads in Europe when we can spend 8hrs on great roads, beautiful countryside, finish off with an overnite ferry with a night club,bed breakfast and only a 40 min drive in the morning!!

Buzz

God that sounds good.

I am one of those who will be travelling back up from poole to manchester after a week of booze.

Not the best journey in the world.

What time did you say the Hull ferry leaves ????????

Ferries are booked for the following people.

Steve Maund

Charlie Ainley

Passenger

Graham Brum

Neil Brum

Pete Bills

Passenger

Rob Tyas

Roger Chamley

Son

Mick S

Son

(The above have not booked yet)

Scott Beeland

RS Westy (Possible)

We will be leaving Monday 12th June on the 19.00hrs ferry

returning on the ferry leaving Zebrugge on the 20th June at 19.00hrs arriving on the morning of the 21st.

9 Westies, 1 Jeep and Trailer.

You know it makes sense to join the "Party Boat"

Steve

Buzz you doing the mon night ferry till tues night ferry then  ???  ???

Definately doing the full monty!! well thats what I'm hoping plus I think my car might be back from the States by then! I freaking hope!!

Buzz

Buzz

God that sounds good.

I am one of those who will be travelling back up from poole to manchester after a week of booze.

Not the best journey in the world.

What time did you say the Hull ferry leaves ????????

Scooby come with us I'm sure Mike Dixon and the boys will understand your very welcome aboard the Jolly Rodger!!

Buzz