wheels etc

carpmad

hi

my westfield is a pre lit ,with coritan brakes .

the donar car was a 1969 .

i want to change my wheels for some newer ones but where i go and ask they keep on asking about the offset ?

i was thinking of putting 16or 17"rims on ,can this be done ,what offset should i have to suit the suspension etc .

any help out there would be great

You can put whatever diameter rims you like on. 17's have been done on a few Westys before.

BUT... A Westfield is primarily about the driving experience. Putting bigger wheels on is likely to tarnish that experience somewhat. Each to their own, but I wouldn't recommend it personally...

Oh yeah, offsets. Very basically, where the wheel rim sits in relation to the hub mounting face. Dare you to try something. Try a search on this boardroom, for the word offset. You will drink some beer wading through all the posts!!!  :D