• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

ACB 10 - road legal?

Molydood

there has been a discussion about Yoko 21/32/48 tyres before so do a search  ;)

also there have been several on Blatchat as well like this one here - look down the thread a bit for the relevant comparisons  :D

The 21s are a race wet. As such, I doubt you'll have problems with it in the wet. It's also (apparently) a soft compound, so give up a fair amount of grip (although it's easy to overheat them on a track day).

The 48s replaced the 32s. 32s aren't readily available these days. By all accounts the 48s are better in the wet than 32s are, but I've heard of too many people getting caught out by the conditions on 32s for me to risk running them on the road (while I probably wouldn't choose to go out in the pouring rain, I don't want to have a problem if it starts throwing it down while I'm out).

Andy

Sounds like the 21's are the choice for the compromised track/road user.

Any idea how the Toyo R888's compare for wet performance? I imagine they are similar to A048.

As for the wear rates, soft tyres wear quicker. Add in to that the fact that AO48's (and possibly R888 Toyo's) when new probably only have 4 or 5mm of tread to start with, compared to 7 or 8mm for more normal tyres and you can see why they aren't very long lived tyres.