Covered trailer for sale

peterg

Twin axle alloy box trailer purpose built about 5 years ago for a Formula Vee racing team. It is not a Brian James/PRG trailer that has been covered, it was designed and built as a box trailer from the start with a completely flat phenolic board floor and has several tie-down points, it also has top quality Bradley heavy duty axles and hitch with auto reverse brakes etc.

Pictures of the trailer can be seen here  the logos/stickers are just vinyl and will peel off easily.

Since acquiring it 3 years ago to transport my single seater I have added:- a tyre rack, electric Superwinch with remote control and fluorescent lighting (both powered by an onboard 12v car battery mounted on a bracket in the centre of the tyre rack).

It was originally fitted with low profile Michelin trailer tyres (145/70 x 12) that have now been discontinued so I replaced all of them plus the two spares with normal 145 x 12 trailer tyres, they’ve only done about 2,000 miles and are barely worn. The spares haven’t been used at all.

NB: The onboard battery was removed for charging and the second spare wheel/tyre is in my garage too so they’re not in the pictures.

I had new 8ft 6in ramps specially made in alloy box and chequer plate which store on the inside walls of the trailer. I have carried several Westfields plus my single seater (it only has about 2in ground clearance) and had no problems loading/unloading.

Dimensions:

Overall length 19ft

width 7ft 4in

height 6ft 3in

Internal length 15ft 2in plus approx 1ft into front ‘V’

width 6ft 1in (measured between frame supports)

height 4ft 8in

Rear door width 70.5in

height 45in

I don’t know exactly what it weighs but guess it’s about 500 - 600kg. It tows well and you have the added benefit that your car doesn’t get wet/dirty and is securely out of sight! Access is only through the rear shutter door although a side door could be added fairly easily. It also comes with a Bulldog Titan wheel clamp.

SOLD!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.