• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Track Day at new northern venue £100 only

peterrosey

Hello chaps, I run a company called GTI TrackShow which organises track days and car shows. I was recently checking out a new venue in Middlesborough and thought it would be perfect for Westfields (I built one, so know how well they handle).

The venue is actually a large kart track (the UK's largest, in fact) at Teesside Autodrome and is very techinically challenging with tight off camber turns, a long straight and a superb high speed chicane. I reckon it will suit Westfields perfectly. The owners reckon that most drivers can only manage about five laps or so, before they're knackered, so it's a real drivers circuit...

The venue also has excellent viewing for spectators with a raised area right next to the track, conveniently next to a fully licensed bar and restaurant.

The format of the day would be open pitlane, with a maximum of 12 cars on track at any one time and a total of 50 places up for grabs. Cost would be £100 per car, plus £10 for an extra driver and £5 for passengers. Noise limit is 103db.

Dates will be either November 26, Nov 27, Dec 3 or Dec 4.

If this sounds appealing then please post a reply here, together with your prefered choice of date. Ideally I'd like to make it exclusive to Westfields - how cool would that be? Anyway, over to you...

Peter R

07866 634086

careditor@ntlworld.com

having driven it i think its a great track, quite short but challenging.  a lot of the run off is into tyre walls as to get planning permission they basically built large hills round it to dampen the noise.  can  be a bit daunting! 5 laps sounds like the standard bullsh1t if you ask me.  they might be (not sure) quite strict about the noise limit.

overtaking is quite tricky and with 12 cars on track you will get baulked quite a lot as there is probably only one place, possibly two where cars can pass safely on a track day.

i would be interested, and see if i can get a few others interested.  however concerned about the noise issue.  i got black flagged last time.  ive now got a new exhaust but it aint much better. i might give them a  call to see what theyre attitude is like.

my experience of them waqs that they were really good to deal with

OiOi

Thanks for the feedback - keep it coming. Here what you say about 12 cars on track, but bear in mind that this is a maximum and with an open pitlane format I'll bet that we won't be up to the maximum all day. The weather is a variable, but at £100 it really is cheap as chips for a full days racing.

It's not the only circuit I'm looking at, but I thought I'd test the water with it to see what sort of enthusiasm there is for a Westfield owners day at this time of year. If there isn't any support then I'd probably look to organise something in spring.

I'm going to leave this posted up for about a week and see how many people express an interest, before making a decision and booking the track. We ran a show in June that lost £45K and I'm not overly keen to repeat the experience...

count me in, any day will do as long as its dry, ive done this track before in a rwd cossy (spent the hole time on opposite lock) good fun track but a bit hard to get the power down in the cossy, westy should cope with it no problem

I played a part in designing the track :blues:

Well the old Kart part anyway, as a result got a free entry to the opening event when Top Gear opened it, we was on telly and everyfink.

Went to the first sprint there a few months ago it looked pretty well sorted, Possibility of trying to run an event there ourselves may be on the cards shortly!

I would be interested in the trackday although it depends on the state of my upgrade :t-up:

Hmmm, given the low reponse to this, I'll not go ahead with it - probably too short notice anyway and not an ideal season for open-topped cars. I may look to do something in the new year.