• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Track Day Invite Croix en Ternois

Mark Stanton

Hi to WSCC Members,

I’ve got the above booked and was taking a bunch of Caterham owners but I’ve a heap of late withdrawals that mean I have to cancel unless I can find about 10 entrants by Friday 7 Oct.

It’s £115 per car and one driver and £25 for extra drivers.  Passengers are free.  It’s pretty much priced at cost ie not for profit.  This is the 3rd trip essentially for BlatChatters from the Lotus 7 Club but it’s not a L7C Club trip.  I’m a club member but also run BHP Trackdays Ltd and I run this trip basically for a bunch of like minded individuals essentially at cost.  Don’t know if you know Croix but it’s a cracking circuit and we’ve always had a really good time previously.

If you look here - www.circuitdecroix.com under Caractéristiques there is a circuit layout and an aerial photo.  The circuit is quite short at around 1.1 miles, but it's ideally suited to the 7 or other similar car with some good combinations of bends.  It's great fun to drive but of course with the short straight the car will not reach it's top speed.

It's priced as near as I can get to cost price ie not for profit.  I keep the numbers down to around 36 cars in total and also limit the maximum number on track at a time to around 12.  That combination means in practice, apart from the start of proceedings when it can get a bit busy, there is basically no queuing in the pits and everyone has as much track time as they and the car can take.  12 cars on the track is enough to keep the interest up but by no means crowded so no one should feel under pressure.

We run a dedicated novice session around the start of proceedings after a special novice briefing.  Once they have settled down we revert to an open pit lane again. It's a very relaxed day.

In the evening quite a few of us meet up in Saint-Pol-sur-Ternoise for a meal in the Sainte Poloise brasserie.  It's typical French in style with excellent food and service.  We just share out the bill at the end and it's generally around €30 per head inclusive of drinks at the table.  We usually have a few in the bar before hand. I can recommend it.

It's also an excuse for a few days in France. It's not far from places like Montreuil (pretty), Arras (interesting) Boulogne etc. I'm going with my wife and we are staying on until the Saturday.  There is a hotel that's quite reasonable and comfortable called Le Royal in Saint-Pol that my party and some others are staying at and it means you can walk to the restaurant.

If anyone would like to come?  I need to know by Friday 7 Oct as there is a contractual date coming up with the circuit.  If anyone is interested if they give me a call I’ll add them to the list to see if I can make the numbers.

Regards,

David White

0777 557 0135