Wet tyre

conibear

Fingers crossed for 2006 then ........................ what I would say is take a look at the list of attendees in previous years  :(  :(  :(  :( A track such as Lydden and with an event organising club that now offers us an invite and yet struggles at times to get the numbers  ???  ???  ???  ??? Mind its not just the WSCC quite a few clubs get an invite and we all seem not to provide as many drivers as other further afield venues  ???  ???  ???

Is there anything that could be done to make it more attractive for the "locals" (except for fee reductions, that's beyond our control)  :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• Mark Stanton

• conibear

• adhawkins

Yes I agree that if the organisers look at it in the cold light of day and see only a handful of entries from an invited club, then they should consider carefully whether to issue invites in the future. That is only right and proper, and is something that I'm sure the WSCC would (I hope) also look at carefully, so there can be no criticism if such a policy were implemented.

I'm afraid I can offer no suggestions as to what might make it more attractive to us southerners, although the entry fee this year was a considerable dis-incentive. I do still think that we are suffering with the image portrayed from a few years ago. Anyone searching for opinions on Lydden and whether it's worth the high entry fee and long journey is currently going to see a majority of people being less than complimentary, despite what we have noted here regarding the change of organiser. I'm afraid this is one case of when doing a search probably isn't doing us any favours...

I do still think that we are suffering with the image portrayed from a few years ago

Only if you keep letting it........ rather than look at the facts as they are now and not what happened previously :D

............. and long journey
But that's the thing it's not such a long journey for the southern based folks  :D  :D  ;)

With such a small turn-out - do you assume its not popular and therefore not include it for future years and lose another southern event ??? or keep plugging away ?????? and hope one day drivers will look at the event with fresh views

Rock and hard place time :down:

Sorry nowt we can do about the entry fees  :down:  :down:  :down:

The club could susidise them ;)

Andy

I say keep plugging away.

And yes, it's still a schlep even for the southerners. It's almost as far to Lydden as it is to Curborough from my house...

Only if you keep letting it........ rather than look at the facts as they are now and not what happened previously

It's a circular argument though. We can't report positively until we have had a positive result. Yes of course we should try again and we should talk up the positives, but people are cynical. Add in the expensive entry this year and it's another box that (for this year) goes un ticked. However, memory fades and new blood comes along. I'm sure it will turn around...

Andy

Absolutely not! It would create a dangerous precedent. We should only consider subsidising our own events, and only then if it looks like we may lose our shirt. I would vote strongly against this if asked by the SS organisers.

We can't report positively until we have had a positive result.

The few that have attended haven't voiced any problems  :D  :D

Lydden ................ good excuse for a weekends continued vacation and booze cruise en France  :D  :D  :D  :D

Your taxi will be along soon Mr H  :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :D

Yep its B19 - decent club and they organise plenty of events good grassroots motorsport  :D  :D  ;)

Andy

Absolutely not! It would create a dangerous precedent. We should only consider subsidising our own events, and only then if it looks like we may lose our shirt. I would vote strongly against this if asked by the SS organisers.

Err...spot the smiley Mr. B...

Andy

In that case, I suspect it probably wasn't the best choice of smilie Andy... :t-up:

I must admit, I think I must of read it in the same 'tone' as Blatters...

:p - is the best one for pi55taking... :D

I must admit, I think I must of read it in the same 'tone' as Blatters...

I'm not sure which one of us should be more worried...