• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• Mark Stanton

• conibear

• adhawkins

cr28`s are a good wet,its what the rgb cars used before the o48`s became the overall control tyre.

Have sprinted with them in the wet and was well impresses with the level of grip and control.

HTH

barney

For racing, the *best* tyre would be a proper Avon racing wet, or a cut slick for damp conditions. Look at Michelin wets too. Demon Tweeks will probably have pics and info if you have a catalogue to hand...

Not compared to a race wet. I suspect that you're skirting round tyre choice for class F without giving the game away :p

Or you're running in a race series that requires 1B tyres. In which case, I think the Avon CR500 is worth a look...

Most race series now have a sole tyre supplier that you have to use, unless Blatters is right ( Fingers crossed he's not :p  ) So you would have to go with that.

If you are looking for a WET tyre for F the CR28 is the best for standing water that you can get and the CR500 would be your choice as inter in my humble :D:D

Not compared to a race wet. I suspect that you're skirting round tyre choice for class F without giving the game away :p

Or you're running in a race series that requires 1B tyres. In which case, I think the Avon CR500 is worth a look...

No, not interested in speed series, can't be arsed with travelling up north for so little competion.

SEMSEC race series 2006 hopefully with some more southern sprints. In SEMSEC any wet tyre would suffice, but class entry applicable, obviously  ;)

So what are the class restrictions for tyres?

No, not interested in speed series, can't be arsed with travelling up north for so little competion.

?????????

It would appear, but this is to be confirmed. Race with list 1a, 1b or slicks, so it would appear there are no restrictions, there is no stipulated tyre as like the 750mc.

The sprinting I have done I have enjoyed and I will continue to do so in the next couple of months. But due to the lack of 'competetion' as in competetive driving, this does not make me get up early and get on that m40 or m1. If there was more SS events local to me you would see more of me as I like the competetion. I am not criticising the WSCC at all, I understand where the demand is and also where are all the sprinting friendly circuits that are all already assigned. I also understand it is not easy to get your foot in the door in an already congested event.

As an example I went to Anglesey in August on a trackday, it took me 6 hours to get there (without a break) and 6 1/2 to get back. Luckily the weather was fantastic and as you all know the circuit is suitable to us.

But to travel 6.5 hours to do maybe 4 laps in the rain is a bit of a no brainer IMHO      :D

If there was more SS events local to me you would see more of me as I like the competetion. I am not criticising the WSCC at all, I understand where the demand is and also where are all the sprinting friendly circuits that are all already assigned. I also understand it is not easy to get your foot in the door in an already congested event.

Too true - Getting southern is a problem - that said we always try and have Lydden on the list which actually attracts one of the smallest turn-outs for the SS ?????? ? Personally I can never figure that one out ??? always a plea for southern events and yet it doesn't attract many folks ???

But to travel 6.5 hours to do maybe 4 laps in the rain is a bit of a no brainer IMHO  

That's nothing - You wanna try doing Knockhill  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :down:  :D  :D  :D

is the general consesus that the a048 is a good tyre for the wet  ???

no...a048's are ****e in the wet, just ask the RAC man who almost t-boned my low speed spin on a wet cat and fiddle earlier this year.

Agree with Peter Cox- AO 48's poor in the wet infact the 539's (1A) are better. 48's work well in the dry though and are + 1sec a lap quicker than the 500's

21's work pretty well in the wet and have the edge over the 500's

MikeW