New GTS Tuning Widetrack

CarlR

Complete with camber adjusters and track rod end extensions.

Want £200 for the complete set

Also available brand new +50mm braided brake hose made for use with the GTS Widetrack kit, hoses made by http://www.nbmwoolford.com

£40 wanted

Cheers

Carl

Carl do they have bushes fitted  ???  ???

Hi Stu,

No, I have the Westfield Nylon bushes already and the intention was to re-use the same bushes or renew with westfield items if there was any evidence of wear. You can buy the bushes and inserts individually from Westfield

Cheers

Carl :)

Just to add, fitting westfield nylon bushes is not the chore that fitting metallistic bushes is, to get the best from them the bushes may need fettling to prevent any sticky points in the wishbone movement.

The bushes just push in by hand.

CarlR

Could the buyer of these email me as I would be intrested to see how's you get on fitting these.

I think my set of GTS have been made wrong.

Nice a wide, areo tubing looks good.

The hole the bushes go in is to small.

I've taken off Cat widetrack to fit these and resued the polly bushes.

Maybe the cat bushes are bigger than the metal westfield ones.

I can get round it by bench grinding the polly bush, but I would have though they would be the same size.

But I am comparing the to Cat, and maybe it's the cat ones that are bigger  :p

Jan,

So you've took off wide track to fit wide track?  ???  :suspect:

Ah ! - it's possible also that the GTS bones may have some powder coating on the insides of the tubes as well, easy to dremel off.

Any CAT experts out there able to say if CAT bushes are larger O/D than westy items ?

Darren indicated that Westfield bushes would fit in there when I bought it.

CarlR

So you've took off wide track to fit wide track

Yep the GTS are wider and let you adjust the camber with out removing the ball/rosejointfrom the car.

< all the gear....... no idea...... >

he he :p

Any CAT experts out there able to say if CAT bushes are larger O/D than westy items ?

CAT bushes fit fine in standard Westfield wishbones which had metallastic ones pressed out of them not 24 hours before...

Can't comment on the cat widetrack, but I've recently fitted a set of new westfield nylon bushes to a set of new gts widetrack wishbones (Muds).

There is a difference of 1mm between the OD of the bush and the ID of the wishbone tube.

We took off the powdercoat etc but it still isn't enough, we ended up having a bit taken of the bushes before they'd fit properly.

I've got a set for my car now aswell, so will be doing the same using a little jig to hold a bush in position on the lathe.

HTH,

Mark.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.