Wind deflectors

Big R

Andy are your's the John Moore (Unoplas) ones?

How fast can you go with these and the hood up before the hood takes off? :p

No not John Moore's, home made (well I mad the template mate cut and bent it)

Have only done about 60 with that combination and the hood seemed fine, couldn't go any faster couldn't see out of the windscreen for the rain.

:t-up:

Not much chance of making any I'm afraid, never get the time.

If I was to make some more though i'd probably make them 1" wider I get a cold ear with these.

Before deflectors and with no doors anything above 70 meant I couldn't breath.

I've done 110 with these and it was fine.

Still can't remember who told me about deflectors I think it went something like this. There are two sellers, one starts his at a pound the other at £49, I think it was the one who started at a pound. Email them and ask them?

I think it may have been Potster who told me, i'll PM him and ask, i'll let you know.

While I'm at it if you do a search someone sells the hinges for a lot less than westfield, about £10 I think it might have been Lolocost, but could be wrong.

You sure 'cos the John Moore ones don't look as good?

Yes mine are the John Moore type and you are correct they are not as pretty as the ones shown. John tried differing designs and these were the most effective not the prettiest.

Mine were from Steve Molyneaux and I think are the ones on the blue Westy. They were around £50 plus the extra set of hinges from WF. These are pricy, but they are stainless unlike some similar ones from Europa/SVC or whatever that are chromed.

I find they are OK but there's stil a helluva draft trying to tear your hair out and I have adopted an ear plug in my right ear which helps a lot with the noise.

They make the car seem more spacious than with the sidescreens on, but as cooler weather returns I shall probably go back to the screens.

With the extra set of hinges you have the choice.

Incidentally, I offered them up to the olde style of screen iron and I think thy would fit these too but would need teh hinges in a different place.

HTH

Kerry S

In the words of boardroom's Elder Statesman - "if you do a search" there's loads already written on this subject.  EG pic's of the John Moore ones are in my reply on this previous thread.

Cheers

Chris

In the words of boardroom's Elder Statesman - "if you do a search" there's loads already written on this subject.  EG pic's of the John Moore ones are in my reply on this previous thread.

Cheers

Chris

He's not old enough to be an Elder Statesman :D

Kerry S

Shovey I have deleted your PM by accident sorry mate send the address you want the piccies to and I'll sort tomorrow. I had a butchers in the garage and I only have one set of brackets at the mo, do you have the fittings for the side screens as the holes should line up. Like I aid they are worth a try before splashing out :D:D:D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...