Subaru Impreza STi-5 Type-R

Spencer

Under duress from the Wife, and evil stares from neighbours because I'm taking-up a "sacred" parking space in the cul-de-sac, I've now succumb to  selling my Type-R :bangshead:

*** SOLD ***

DSC_0371.jpg

DSC_0372.jpg

For those not familiar with it's history, the STi-5 Type-R is the model that Prodrive used as a basis for the iconic P1 model, although the P1 was toned-down for the UK market, with a number of features from the Type-R removed. So, an opportunity to own a car that is lighter than a Impreza 22B, and slightly more powerful in stock form than a P1....in other words, "exciting"!

MY99 Facelift model

Mica Black (metallic)

17" Gold OZ Super Tourismo wheels

Full service history

Standard Type-R refinements:

- 2-door model with solid rear bulkhead

- Carbon fibre front strut brace

- Ally Intercooler

- Water spray intercooler cooling

- Driver Controlled Centre Differential (DCCD)

- Close ratio 5-spd gearbox

- Plate type Limited Slip Differential (LSD)

- Short final drive diff

- 2-pot rear calipers with larger dia rear discs

- Electric folding wing mirrors

- Alcantara & cloth STi embossed seats

- White faced dials

- STi clear (non-orange) rear lights

- Rear wash/wipe

- Aluminium bonnet

- Aluminium suspension wishbones + other STi and Type-R details.

The "gentlemans agreement" for Japanese Domestic Market vehicles was 276bhp, however, when dyno'd Type-R's typically produce over 285bhp, generally close to 290bhp. With the exhaust modifications, approx output is a reliable 310bhp.

Only a few sensible modifications:

- 6-pot Wilwood calipers and Wilwood discs (mounted on ally bell)

- Scoobysport turbo downpipe with Blackthorn race cat (an easy pass through the MOT emissions regs, per recent MOT certificate)

- Tony Law rear silencer

- Magnex centre section

- "de-tangoed", i.e., crystal sidelights, indicators & repeaters. Bumper vents colour coded black.

- Kaylan Mudflaps

In addition, the OE optional extra auxiliary gauges (Lamco) are installed, white faced dials to match the main dash cluster. Oil Pressure, Oil Temperature & Boost Pressure, pod trimmed to match dashboard.

A Pioneer CD head-unit (DEH-P8100R) which is DAB ready is included, along with 6-CD Pioneer changer and Pioneer front speakers with satellite tweeters.

A Laserline Thatcham approved Cat-1 Alarm/Immobiliser is installed.

Previous owner had an HPI check undertaken, and I have that certificate on file.

I'm the 4th owner, the previous owner was Steve at SBD. The car has been lovingly, and professionally, looked after by both of us, frequent oil changes using Millers Synthetic oil, with a Micro-Cool oil filter (non-disposable with replaceable filter elements). Neither of us have had the car on a track (I know, a sacrilage! )

Car has covered 58,500 miles. Front bodywork has a few minor "peppered" stonechips, as you would expect on a 1999 car, but still has original paintwork. Per the pictures, it really looks fantastic. Never had a new panel or respray, shell is completely straight. The interior is also in excellent condition.

MOT'd until mid-June '06. New battery with a 3yr warranty was fitted a month or so ago.

***Personal numberplate, S50 OOB, would also be included with the car.***

As well as the above reasons, I need to reduce the fleet size somewhat, in anticipation of a new baby in a few months, hence a very realistic price of £9,750

Any viewing welcome, please call me to arrange.

Rest assured that this car has been owned by genuine motorsport enthusiasts who know what we're doing, not boy-racers. The car has been religiously warmed-up and warmed-down every time it's been driven, and as a result drives superbly.

Cheers,

Spencer

07967 275404

Edited to say....Now SOLD, SWMBO (very) happy, neighbours are now inviting us round for drinks, road is emptier, Spencer has less thing to worry about...happy days...  :D

why are you doing this i thought it had gone  :love:  :p

Hmmm, the politically correct way of saying this...ah-hem..."I was obliged as part of the deal struck with the Mrs (to be able to buy new toy), to advertise it and not take up street-space".....a couple of tyre kickers later and "whoopsy" it's still there he-heh :p:D  ...but now we've got other priorities to think about (ie fund)...so time to be Mr Sensible and go diesel mini-MPV hunting.

Interested, Wrightster? ;)

Spencer,

That's a bargain. Hope you sell it to someone that appreciates it. I recall that centre diff can be adjusted so that its almost 100% rear wheel drive, the plate diffs make nice agricultural noises & it goes like stink!

That's a bargain.

Yep...

Hope you sell it to someone that appreciates it.

....so do I, love the damn thing, I'm doing this under protest...

I recall that centre diff can be adjusted so that its almost 100% rear wheel drive,

...not quite 100%, but certainly rear-end focussed to the point where drifting is possible (not on public roads, of course! )

the plate diffs make nice agricultural noises

He-heh, yeah, makes ALL the right noises!

& it goes like stink!

Er, yup, it does that too! :D

:arse: ...now I'm depressed... :down:

Oi greedy...are you not happy with a vx220?

very happy mate just dreamin  :D

Interested, Wrightster?

fraid not mate i would be if i could afford it but i will have to stick to my astra for work for the mo and the VX for w/ends i would like a subaru one day for commuting , its a gorgeous car i'm sure you will sell it soon  :)

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.