Bristol & Bath Area Meet

Chris.B

The August Bristol & Bath Area Meet is Thursday 18th August, 7:30pm at the Cross Hands Old Sodbury.

I'll be there Chris (shock!;)

:D:D:D:D

Quite a few events to give out details of at the area meet on Thursday 18th August including ...

26th August - Airfield day at Hullavington with Motor Sport Events;

10th September:  - Castle Combe Summer Action day;

25th September:  - The Bath to Bournemouth Classic Car run;

1st October: - Stroke Association Combe day;

24th November - Charity Karting event.

Regarding admission tickets and track passes for the Castle Combe Action day on the 10th September, If you have requested these or would like to have one please let me know tomorrow & for track passes have the appropriate money (£15 (1st 6 passes) or £20)ready!

As promised, the notes from the Bristol & Bath WSCC club meeting held on Thursday 18th August at the Cross Hands.

It was good to have such a good turnout and to see several new faces.  I've also sent this out be email to the distribution list.

Friday 26th - Airfield day at Hullavington with MSE

It's with our tried and trusted friends at Motorsport Events. Full day open pit for just £99.  Sound limit is 100db at 3/4 revs.

Instruction is available for novices and experienced alike (extra £25).

I'm not certain now if there are any places left - call Natasha Moore via her mobile phone on 07855-482953 (Office 0870-7872116) or web www.motorsport-events.com

Sat 10th - Summer Action Day - Castle Combe

The last of the hairy action days. I've now had requests and payment for the 12 free admission passes and the half or two thirds price track passes.  I'll post out the tickets when I receive them from Combe.  If you've asked for a free admission ticket please make every effort to attend in your Westfield and park it on the club stand!.

Thursday 15th September:  Area Meeting at the Cross Hands, Old Sodbury

Monthly club meeting

Sunday 25th September:  The Bath to Bournemouth Classic Car run.  

This is in the style of the famous London to Brighton car run and is open to classic cars and kit cars of a classic style.  The regulations say that the Lotus seven replicas do fit into the latter category.  Details at http://www.greenwoodsexhibitions.com/bath-bo....run.htm As it starts in our back yard (Royal Victoria Park, Bath) we should be able to have a few members attend this.

Saturday 1st  October:  Stroke Association Charity Day, Castle Combe

Fantastic fun, fantastic cause.  Mix it with several exotic and racecars whilst raising money for the Stroke Association.  Track action by invitation only.  All welcome to attend & buy rides in support of this worthwhile charity.  More publicity to follow soon.

Thursday 6th October:  Llandow Track Day

With a new outfit, www.ontrackmotorsport.co.uk . Priced at only £95 for the whole day, no noise restrictions and limited to only 30 cars to ensure maximum track time, we think this should appeal.   Also available are MK Indy K's for arrive and drive, passenger hot laps and exclusive hire.  Contact Steve Kirby www.ontrackmotorsport.co.uk Tel 07802 544048.

Thursday 20th October:  Area Meeting at the Cross Hands, Old Sodbury

Monthly club meeting

Thursday 24th November -  Endurance Karting for Charity

The clubs invited are Pegasus, Marlin, Bristol Motor Club, TVR Club and Westfield.  This is your chance to join in the fun and raise some money for St. Peters Hospice at the same time. The event will be held at The Raceway, Avonmouth, Bristol BS11 9YA.  Full details of the track layout and directions how to get there can be found at www.theraceway.co.uk.

Date: 24th November 2005

Time: 7p.m.

Format: Endurance Race over 2.5 hours

Teams: 5 drivers per team

Cost: £30 per driver

This is your chance to be at the sharp end of your own Grand Prix Team.  The circuit layout is very challenging with a flyover section similar to the Suzuka F1 circuit for those of you who have driven there.  15 minutes of qualifying will determine the grid for the start of the race with the best lap time taking pole position.  Meanwhile the future Frank Williams & Ron Dennis’s among you will be working out your pit strategy and driver changes for maximum effect.  Then its 2.5 hours of non stop action as the best teams fight for a place on the podium at the end of the evening along with the trophies, champagne, and glory.  The event can run up to 16 karts which equates to 80 drivers which if fully booked will mean that we will raise over £1250.00 for St. Peters Hospice on the night.

If you want to go, please let me know as I've been asked to send in all the WSCC requests in one batch.

Date TBD – Treasure Hunt / Country Run

Details still to be confirmed.

Date TBD – Christmas dinner & black awards

Last club night of the year.  Jeff will later confirm arrangement for end-of-year bash / black awards night.  Don't forget to let me have your black awards nominations - I can't believe there are so few this years so far!

Best wishes

Chris