• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Handbrake Level Question

Barnster

Hi everyone.

I'm looking forward to a day where I complete part of the build without having to ask a question! Fortunately I have lots of spare time, unfortunately it means my issues arise relatively close together. I'm still doing the easy bits too by the look of modules 5 & 6....

Today's stumbling block is the handbrake lever fitment.

I intend to drill holes to mount it roughly centrally as I assume the compensator bracket will resolve any problems with the pivot point being nearer one caliper than the other.

I cannot see that any panelling or carpeting later on requires an exact location but just wanted to check before taking a drill to things.

Also, what's recommended for covering the bare metal that will be exposed by the drilling?

B

I found that I needed to move the handbrake forward slightly on the metal mounts in order to get a good fit with the ali panels that cover the tunnel. Photos and mutterings on my build site here:

http://westfield.hampton.org.uk/?post=7

I really enjoyed modules 1-3. I've found the later modules hard going to be honest - errors in manual and unforgiving bodywork make it less pleasurable than doing the 'workings' in the early modules