Thames Valley meet, also Donnie and BBQ

Neil H

Hi All.

Monthly Thames Valley meeting is this Sunday (14th Aug)!

I'm afraid I'm already at an event with the family so will be missing the meeting again - sorry!

The previous month I had intended on being at the Bird in Hand but a job ran over and I was left desperately preparing materials on the Sunday for my next job - the morning after! Thanks to those who rang to ensure that I was ok and an nothing untoward had happened.

Is anyone up for a possible scenic drive and BBQ by the Thames near Marlow - if I can get things organised? Was thinking of getting a friend with a van and gas BBQ to lay on and cook food for us at a village called Hurley. For £5 you can enter a field along the Thames and have picnics. Would need money from people up front in order to buy all the food and drinks. Would have to work out a cost per head - possibly in the region of £15?

Would there be any interest towards the end of August \ beginning of September?

Also, Donnington kitcar show September 3rd and 4th. I feel the need to attend and camp over Saturday night. Is anyone else up for it?

Regards,

Neil

Also, Donington kitcar show September 3rd and 4th. I feel the need to attend and camp over Saturday night. Is anyone else up for it?

I think it would be an idea to check that date as I believe it's been moved to mid October  ???  ???  ???  ???  and Donington has one "N" in the miggle  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Edit: Found it  :D

National Kit & Performance Car Show

Donington Exhibition Center, Castle Donington, Donington, Derby.

October 15th & 16th 2005

Hi Mark.

You're right, Donington Kit & Performance Car Show is 15th & 16th October!   natkitshow2004_review.shtml

Thanks for pointing out, I'm probably the only person who hadn't heard of the new date - too much work and not enough play!

BBQ on the 4th September then ;-)

Cheers,

Neil

You wouldn't have been alone there anyway Neil  :D  :D - I think there's an international race meeting on that weekend in September  :D

I might be there, subject to British Airways getting a grip...

Sadly, I have no way of planning as far ahead as Sept 4th, and a definite no for Donington as I may be away... again...