Drive shaft fitting

Barnster

Hi everyone (again! )

Does anyone have any hints on how best to identify which end of the drive shaft should be fitted to the diff?

I see that the right hand one is longer.

Mine are pre-assembled, rather than being in bits as indicated in the manual so would be happier to fit them without separating them into components first if possible!

The next question is going to be how best to fit them as they are longer than the space between wheel hub and diff outputs - I'm guessing that I need to release the uprights and secure to the diff first and then secure to the uprights but would welcome feedback on any experience here.

I also appear to be missing a 7/16 x 2 1/2 bolt plus locknut for the diff stabiliser bracket - I assumed I could use what looked like a "spare" one from module 1 but that turned out to be required for a rear shock! I'm hoping this is in another bag-of-bits somewhere. Anyone had a similar loss?

Thanks in advance.

B

Does anyone have any hints on how best to identify which end of the drive shaft should be fitted to the diff?

It does't matter

Mine are pre-assembled, rather than being in bits as indicated in the manual so would be happier to fit them without separating them into components first if possible!

Yep fit em as they are

The next question is going to be how best to fit them as they are longer than the space between wheel hub and diff outputs - I'm guessing that I need to release the uprights and secure to the diff first and then secure to the uprights but would welcome feedback on any experience here.

you can do that, but the joint will move in and out so it should be possible to fit them with everything still attached just need abit of a wiggle

I also appear to be missing a 7/16 x 2 1/2 bolt plus locknut for the diff stabiliser bracket - I assumed I could use what looked like a "spare" one from module 1 but that turned out to be required for a rear shock! I'm hoping this is in another bag-of-bits somewhere. Anyone had a similar loss?

you will get use to missing bolts and a few things just call parts and they will send it to you no problems. Is a pain but a fact in building these things

enjoy it

Barry :D

The bolt that goes into the bush, holding the diff rear bracket is a specific size. Mine was missing as well, but a call to WF and they had one in the post the same day.

HTH