WANTED: 1 Night accomodation

studbuckle

In case anybody didn't know, we're off to the states in a few weeks.

On Tuesday 23rd August I have to be in Barking at 10am to load the car in the container.

I could do with a friendly sole who'll put me up for the night and somewhere very secure for the car as it'll have spares and video equipment on board somewhere closeish to London with easy access to Barking at that time, on The Monday night, the 22nd.

Help a tourer in need :)

Si

Probably no help but you are welcome to stay with me and travel to london in the morning.

Barry

No need for a container.If yer drive down t'Dover catch a ferry t'Calais,drive across Mongolia,another short ferry journey across Bering sea and Buzz yer uncle yer in Alaska. :p

Another alternative ...............

You could use some of the Hot Air off this site, fill a balloon and fly for free  :sheep:

:)  :)  :)

Hi Studbuckle, I run a small Inn,10 mins from the A1 near stamford, pretty secure. could cut you a deal if you like.£50 double or twin, £35 single B+B. 1 hour to the smoke. Ian

Cheers Ian but I need to be closer than that for my own sanity. :)

At least it was a sensible answer....

have you tried cam7 (for the hot air and the bed) ???

yes thanks....

initial offers dried up when we changed the date for the 3 rd time!

i've got a provisional offer from an old Uni mate but he's the other side of the river and suggested leaving his at 7am  :0  to get to barking for 10!

I'll be coming down from Leeds with the car on the trailer no doubt I'll be setting off at around 3am!!!

How much time do I need to get from M25 jn23(A1 turn off I think) to Barking ? bearing in mind I'll be towing the car down in me trailer

Buzz

buzz - dont go near the M25!!!

A1 to A14 then down the M11 then round the north circular.

towing a trailer approx. 2. 1/2 hours from A1/A14 junction