• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• goaferboy

• oioi

• billywizz

Top Posters In This Topic

Only reason I ask is that I am about to invest in a Westie, but it will be my only means of transport so was thinking about those winter months commuting.

Be brave laddie, staight back, stiff upper lip (very probably stiff face) , look 'em in the eye and smile when it's -3 :cool:

NO, I buy an open toped 2 seater sports car to use in the summer, Want to use it in the winter as well.

Whats the point of having a car that sits in the garage for 6 monts of the year

Then use it in the winter............... quite a few others do  :D  :D  :D

If you want a roof then get an old runabout for the winter cold and wet days that don't seem so appealing in a Westfield   :D  :D

no point in having the car sat in the garage (no point in a roof either) but a good excuse for me to dig out this photo :)

How about these two?

Baker0047.jpg

kit_car_1.jpg

Car we can't use for 6 months of the year? I don't think so :)

Andy

mmmmmm de-ja vous  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Still wouldn't have wanted a roof though!!!

MMMMMMM..... would look good turning up for work in my shirt and tie soaked through........... NOT

I was asking a question a simple question to see if it could be done, not if people like the idea!

O.k Then to be quite honest and without wanting to ruin a potential owners dream  :D

If you have turn up for work in shirt and tie mode - then a Westfield ain't for you as an every day car  :(  :(  :down:

Alternatives are an all in one weatherproof suit - which would crease your smart gear - even in summer there's dust and grubbiness  :(  :(

The Westfield produced hard-top was a one off idea - never put into production

Not saying you can't make yourself a hard-top - but if that's the way you gotta go then realistically you would perhaps be better looking at "production cars" with more suited weather equipment

Elise, MX5, MR2 etc would perhaps be worth looking into  :D  :(  :D

mmmmmm de-ja vous  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Still wouldn't have wanted a roof though!!!

Nope. It's all part of the joys of owning a Westfield.

If I was bothered about it, I wouldn't own one.

:t-up:

Andy

i originally set out with the intention of the westie as my only car.  i lasted about 6 months (the summer) and realised the futility of it

so i bought a nova for £250 quid, got a limited mileage policy for it (20 quid a month - direct debit) and then drove it for 6 months until it died.  total cost 370 quid for 6 months motoring :)  when it died i bought another banger and so on until i finished paying for the westie :)

getting out of a heap'o'sh1te and into the westie really made it seem very special :)

Top photo that... Have you framed it?

nope not even printed it out

when i get a garage (soon pleaseeeeeeeee) im going to cover the walls in piccies of me and my motors so when im wrapping my knuckles on the diff again i know why :)

I asked about it when I went to the factory. But unfortunately he said that they weren't doing it. It seems a shame as it would be great for winter use.

I asked about it when I went to the factory. But unfortunately he said that they weren't doing it

;)  ;)  ;)  :D

It would possibly steam up quicker than a Finnish Sauna  ;)  :D

;)  ;)  ;)  :D

It would possibly steam up quicker than a Finnish Sauna  ;)  :D

Yeah it probably would? :D

Although I think I would have had one over the long term. My current Robin Hood has never got used that much, due to the poor weather. But now I am thinking of swopping it for a Westfield?? Go figure???

You can't beat a seven type car in summer though, its just the wind, rain and snow that spoils them.