Taxation Class need SVA ?

slakbladder

Hello,

Sorry another dumb newbie question, I've drowned under all of the DVLA/VOSA forms/information and am now confused.

I have just bought a Westfield Pre-Lit (SE?) aprox. 1987 which is on a Q plate and I have a V5 but the Taxation Class is "NOT LICENSED".

The car has a 1998 Honda firblade engine in it and the V5 date of first registration is july 2003. But the Car has I think been around since 1987.

I have one MOT from over 1 year ago, and it should have another one this friday.

I have a V948 form and all the reciepts to proove the bits are not stolen etc.

I'm now trying to work out how to tax it and get it on the road. Looking at the "Rates of Vehicle Excise Duty" forms, if it had been registered pre-March 2001 it would have been PLG = Easy. But as its first registration was July 2003 does this mean I've got to go through the SVA test to get a Taxation Band (CO2 rating etc) ?

Can anyone give me any help or clues as to the quickest way to round this as I'm really keen to get this car on the road before the summer is out.

Any help or ideas appreciated

Welcome :)

It's a Q plater, so it's a PLG. As the car is already registered there are no SVA or emissions concerns to worry about either.

Basically, don't worry about it. Take the MOT, the money, the new tax form and your V5 to the post office and let them give you a tax disc...

Unless I'm missing something... ???

Thats what I was hoping for ... its just the fact that the year of registration is After 1st March 2001 ... and the car was registered July 2003 ... which got me thinking I'd have to go SVA ... I'll give it a go and let ya know if they give me a hard time.

Ta for relply

SVA happens before the car is registered. You have a reg number, so it's registered. I have heard that some cars which were obviously constructed way before the SVA was ever conceived but have taken a long time to build, have been granted certain waivers if they have been presented for SVA. Your car may well have fallen in to that category when it was SVA'd.

As you have a reg number and a V5 I don't think you anything to worry about...