Reverse gearbox kit

felters

Just taken out of my 2000 SEIW Megablade at 7,700 miles.

Reverse gearbox kit including mounting bracket, rods & lever, and the two props with the rear one having the flange for a Sierra diff. New from the factory today £1183.85 inc VAT but excl. delivery. £600 plus delivery at cost.

I've also gone for a cable gear shift and have the connecting arms and brackets available. This excludes the arm that attaches to the shaft on the gearbox and mechanism/brackets at the bottom of the gear shift. The full kit is £172.73. £50 plus delivery.

I'll leave them on here for a day or so and put them on eBay if unsold by Wednesday.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Felters,

I'm intersted but I wouldn't mind if you could explain the missing bits of the gearchange mechanism?   ???

Ta

Geoff

:)

Ummm... as I've gone for a cable, the rods, bulkhead bracket and rose joints are available. My new cable still uses the arm that attaches to the gearbox shaft and the gear lever and it's associated bracket that attaches to the top of the gearbox tunnel in the cockpit. May help if you look at the attached URL - if it works. The gearchange mechanism is not directly related to the sale of the reverse box.

http://www.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/shop....T_ID=77

Let me know if you want any more details.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Felters,

Sounds good to me. I'll take both please. I would be grateful if you could take dimensions / drawing of the 'missing' gearchange bits. This will allow me to fabricate them myself rather than head of to WF. I think getting a partial kit second hand plus bits from the factory won't actually work out any cheaper than the full kit from WF. Is that ok?

As for collection / delivery I'm in Swindon, but where in Hampshire are you based? Maybe we could meet at your local area meeting?

Ta

Geoff

I've been down to Felters' place, he's just outside Winchester. According to Google Maps, it's about a 2 hour drive from Swindon.

If it would help and it suits Mike, I could meet him at the services at J13 of the M4 again one evening on the way home from work, assuming you've sorted out the financial side in advance with him.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for that. As long as Felters is happy I'm happy :)

Hi Felters:

As for payment cheque or transfer to your account? We'd have to sort whether I'm going for the gearchange mechanism or not first though.

Ta

Geoff

Hi Geoff

Great!! I'll meet Andy/yourself at Chieveley whenever suits you.

I'll mail you separately on the money side...

Cheers

Mike

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.