Llandow

machin

There's a Richard Machin on the Class entry list who has not been out yet this year. It would be a bit of a coincidence were it not he  :p  :D

ok, ok. I knew that, honest!!  :blush:

Richard - look forward to meeting you.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Frau Vesty

• GuyH

• John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

Yep,

Class A, don't suppose I'll be too quick... my circuit experience is very, very limited.....  My crossflow puts out about 120BHP (single, downdraught carb), although I've tried to lighten the car as much as possible....  What sort of powers are you guys running in that class???

Really looking forward to it.... What's Llandow circuit like (I've only seen a plan sketch of the circuit).....

Machin

Llandow is a fab circuit - 2 nice straights, a brilliant little chicane at the end of one  (which you can go through faster than you realise) - and a tricky series of bends at the end of the other straight - its this little series of bends where you start from too.

Im in a xflow too - RR'd at 120bhp - although no one belives me :( but then if your doing 120bhp on a single downdraught, then maybe there right, as im on throttle bodies - i must get mine re-checked.

Others in class A vary from 120 to 190 bhp.  

Be warned though - its incredibly addictive - expect to say goodbye to your wallet for a while after Saturday :)

see you there.

cheers

chris

Wow, lucky escape. I take it no oil light came on during your last run on Saturday Chris ?

I must get one of those oil lights - only got a gauge im afraid - which will be to slow to respond to surging - there was still alot of oil in the sump, so i dont think i had problem - rekon i lost half a pint or so, according to the dipstick - most over the trailer i think!!!

see you saturday.

cheers

chris

Hi,

this is going to be my 4th. event as a newbie, try as I might I am dissapointingly SLOW!

I will be camping next door from Friday, so feel free to say hello, although my sprinting advice is very limited, however I can confirm that it is very addictive and costs do add up!

Enjoy.....

Unless you're Tommo, in which case you turn up, get waved onto the circuit and enjoy some practice, before retiring to the pub and enjoying somebody eles's dinner, before taking the 2B record in a non-2B car (from someone who really did take the 2B record in a 2B car) and then graciously accepting the first in class trophy.  :devil:

Talking to Tommo at the weekend he is very hopefull to pust the 2b record even lower this year  :D  :D

Hi Richard

Spotted you on the entry list I look for the newbies as I'm slow as well!  My advice is forget how much power everyone else has and just drive to beat your personal best, if you improve your time each run you'll enjoy yourself and the bug will bite.  :D  :D

Talking to Tommo at the weekend he is very hopefull to pust the 2b record even lower this year

Thanks for that.... now I need to go and make another cup of coffee !!

Talking to Tommo at the weekend he is very hopefull to pust the 2b record even lower this year

Thanks for that.... now I need to go and make another cup of coffee !!

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

I've set my goals high this weekend. Aiming to break into the top 3 in class F.

Andy

I've set my goals high this weekend. Aiming to break into the top 3 in class F.

Are there only two others from class F entered then ???

but you still need to post a time to come 3rd Andy.... not altogether unchallenging with your history

It's a nice little circuit... very abrasive surface. You'll stick to it like glue. Not sure where the start line is for you sprinters but try not to "overdrive" the complex by the marshalls tower. You can drive it on your throttle with the tail sliding around - but you'll lose a load of time... IMHO of course. :D

Not sure where the start line is for you sprinters

4638.jpeg

Sprinters start where the red arrow in the photo is, start line is just out of shot.

On the full lap of the circuit after this, you come round where the yellow arrow is.  Or, if you're going too fast, you drive straight over the "escape road" which is marked on the photo by the nice blue hashed line...