Bristol & Bath meet

Chris.B

... 3rd Thursday of the month (21st July) for the Bath & Bristol area meet.  Hoping for dry weather for a re-run of the washed out mid-summer blat.

Alas I will have to miss another meeting :(

Don't forget to discuss the Bath-Bournemouth Classic & Sports Car Run.

Cheers

Martin

At this moment in time I am planning on coming down to visit.

Will also bring requested item for Ian & Claire.

:D  :D  :D

More details for the area meeting.  

The next Bristol & Bath area meeting is this Thursday, 21st July at our usual venue of the Cross Hands, Old Sodbury.  Unfortunately I won't be able to attend as I'm doing my proud father duty at the School prize giving night where my lads are up for awards :)

Have no fear though, you'll be in capable hands as Ian and John have kindly agreed to re-run the midsummer blat.  This was a rather wet affair last month & only 5 brave souls managed to make it out in the rain.  Please meet in the car park at 7:30PM for distribution of the route notes.

After the run back to pub for drink & natter.  

Saturday 11th June was the Action Day at Combe, Sunday 12th June was the Bristol Classic Show and Saturday July 16th was the Bristol Pegasus Track Day at Castle Combe.  Does anybody have any photos or black awards nominations from these?  

Forthcoming events:

Thursday 21st July:  Our monthly area Meeting at the Cross Hands, Old Sodbury for the re-run of the midsummer blat.  Be sure to do your no-rain dance on Thursday morning :)

Friday 22nd July: WSCC National Track Day – Mallory Park

August:  Date TBD a run out in the Country; Martin Thomas to confirm details.

1st August:  Keevil Airfield day.  FULL DAY £69

MSE announcement  "A last minute date has appeared on the Motorsport Events calendar at Keevil on 1st August and as our Summer Special we are offering this last minute event at just £69 per car and main driver.  Passengers and extra drivers are charged at £10 as usual.  Keevil hosts an exciting 1.5 mile circuit with excellent mixes of corners to test any driver from the novice to the experienced. This is the perfect environment in which to learn your and your car's limits with massive run offs and a very good surface. We will be running our usual open pit lane format (at least 2.5 hours of track time is possible) and have our team of highly experienced instructors on hand to offer in car instruction and at £25 it offers great value for money. There is a 100dB(A) noise limit in operation at this venue.  For further details or to book a place call us on 0870 787 2116 or 07855 482953, it will be a case of first come first served! "

Motorsport Events Limited

Tel: 0870 787 2116

trackdays@motorsport-events.com

www.motorsport-events.com

Saturday 10th September:  This is the 3rd of the Action days at Combe.  This one’s called the Summer Action Day.  Free admission tickets and half price / two thirds price track passes available to club members in advance via me.  The last Combe Action day on June 11th had 16 requests for the 12 free passes.  This time I'll give 1st priority to paid up members who missed out on June 11th.  Be sure to check your diaries and get those requests in !

Sunday 25th September:  The Bath to Bournemouth Classic Car run.  This is in the style of the famous London to Brighton car run and is open to classic cars and kit cars of a classic style.  The regulations say that the Lotus seven replicas do fit into the latter category.  Details here. As it starts in our back yard (Royal Victoria Park, Bath) we should be able to have a few members attend this – I certainly intend going.

Drive safely

Chris

Pretty good going Mark! When you pulled out of the car park we all stopped talking to listen to the gear changes going up the road, it does sound as quick as it goes. Hope to see you next week at the Chelt & Glos meet.

Jeff