A Good SVA Fail....

MAT1800

Your a braver man than me, I wouldn't drive all that way on my second run out! Have you got breakdown cover? :D:p

Dan

Nope but I've got your number.  :D  :D  :D

Yeah I hope so Kerry, although there should be something to look at down there?

Like maybe the new model  :love:  :love:

I can't touch but I can look.  :D

One to watch out for on the rear brakes is whether the flexible hose and bleed nipples are in the correct ports.

From memeory ( I have Golf rears) the flexible hose should be in the most rearward connection and the bleed nipple in the most forward nipple. If they are the wrong way around you can get air trapped in the very top of the caliper around the connection point.

If they are wrong you have 2 choices (that I know of) first is to swop them over but this gets a bit messy, the 2nd would be to take out the bottom caliper fixing bolts, loosen the top  caliper bolts and pivot the calipers upwards so the bleed connection is definately at the highest point, bleed the system in this state then re-fit as before. Worked on Craig-C's car a few week ago after he nearly failed SVA on lack of rear braking.

Cheers Glen,

The rears are fine though, the problem was at the highest test speed the rears locked up just before the fronts, all the earlier test speeds the balance was OK. So I can try to re-bleed the fronts, which I probably will, although I've done it at least 5 times, or I belive a quick fix for SVA is to put new rear pads on just before the SVA so the fronts are far better bedded in, and then the rears won't lock up first. ? ?

But I'll ask WF about this as well on Tuesday.

Mat.

Both sets of pads should be bedded in by the time you get to westfield and back so it might not be an issue for your re-test.

Dan