Cambridgeshire people

CrashBangWallop

I'm on the scrounge again.  Sorry :(

I've been asked to take my car to Wisbech so the people at Tigart can have a look at my car to figure out what they need to make my downpipe-to-silencer.  I don't know if it will take minutes or hours but, I'm begrudging hiring a van with tow-bar for the day, for the sake of a few hours nose around under my bonnet.

If anyone is free on Thursday (any time during office hours) that could trailer my car to them and back, it would be greatly appreciated.  I have a trailer available.  All I need is a car with tow-bar.  trying to hire cars/vans with tow-bars are few and far between.

Phone - 07855 366710, if you can be of assistance.

Thanks,

Neil (sheepishly head bowed)

if it was a weekend i could borrow the transit pick-up from work, but its a bit difficult during normal working hours.

Sean

if it was a weekend i could borrow the transit pick-up from work, but its a bit difficult during normal working hours.

Sean

That's been the problem with most people I've asked, unfortunately.  I'll find out from Chris today, whether he can be of asistance or not but, having spoke to him on Sunday, it's not looking good.

And Tigart being like most workshops are not open during the weekend, so that's out :(

Woe tis me :(

Neil

Cr@p! My phone's just ran out of juice, too. Anyone got Chris's number?

Alright. Last chance, everyone. :)

I've got a landrover and trailer but, require an hour this morning to get the trailer onto Landrover and car onto trailer.  Otherwise, I'm going to sit in the house feeling sorry for myself :(

Give me a bell on the number above, if you can.

Thanks,

Neil

Neil, I can get over tonight for a while if it helps, I'm bussy in the office today sorry.

Any help??????

'fraid not, Mark but, thanks for the offer.

I had everything I needed except an extra pair of hands to get the car onto the trailer etc.  I phoned Tigart and cancelled my appointment. :(  Oh well, maybe next week.

There IS a chance I could go on Saturday.  However, the trailer and Landy I'd been offered could be in use to collect someone else's car.  If anyone can be of help on Saturday.  Stick your name and availability on here or PM/mail me.

Tigart said they would be working most of Saturday.  A rare occurence for them, I'm told.  A nice opportunity for me, if possible.

Thanks,

Neil

I had everything I needed except an extra pair of hands to get the car onto the trailer etc

I'm not wanting to upset and or the mick (honest)

But it ain't too difficult to load a Westfield onto a trailer on yer jack  :D  :D  :D

Simply put trailer onto towbar first then put down ramps and drive your car onto trailer  :D  :D  :D don't rush it  ;)

Then strap it down and put your ramps back - could be done well within an hour even for a first-timer  :D honest  :D  ;)

If it was just a case of hook on the trailer - drive to mine- then wheel my Westy on... I would have attempted it.

The 'drive your car' bit was not possible.  The car is not curently drivable.  It hasn't got an exhaust yet :(  I haven't tested the clutch yet and it idles at 1500 rpm.  I don't think the neighbours would appreciate me very much.

Oh... it was p8ssing down with rain, too :(

But, thanks for the input, Mark :D:D

Neil

• 2 weeks later...

Same question again, sorry. :(

Anyone free early Saturday morning, 23rd i.e. this Saturday coming?  I.m trying to find as many posibilities that I can.  I have no definites, as of yet.

Vehicle with tow-bar or, if I find someone else, come along for ride (and navigate :) )

Cheers,

Neil

I don't think the neighbours would appreciate me very much.

Would they not help push your car onto the trailer  :)

Heya Neil,

I'm probably around on Saturday.. but I don't have access to a vehicle with a tow bar.

Give me a buzz if I can help in any way....... just not 'that' way :p

Mark B