• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Wheels again!!

Scott pre-lit

Over the weekend I managed to aquire a pair of 13x7" rims and a pair of 13x5.5" for free :) The rubber on each wheel is shot and I intend on fitting a set of 185x60x13 A359s from Mr Polley. My Pre-lit car currently runs 6" wide minilites all round, has a x-flow producing about 100bhp and is mainly used for road use with 2-3 track days a year.

My plan is to run 5.5" fronts and 7" rears but with the same tyre width. The main reason for fitting the 7" is aeshetic. Does anyone have any opinions/concerns? Surely the difference in the rim width is not really a factor if identicel width tyres (185) are fitted to each wheel? :durr:

What happens if you get a puncture? Difficult to swop the rims... if you really have 6" Minilites then I'd stick with them. Maybe get them cleaned and powder coated if they are tatty...