• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Large silencer

neal@nealmcdonnell.fsnet.co.uk

Custom made, tig welded and repackable.

Box is 24" by 6", bore is 2".

Got my 180bhp 2l Fiat twincam down to 99dB @ 3/4 rpm, 0.5m.

Only used for one month before the car went to the great garage in the sky!

Cost me £200, looking £50.

Thanks,

Neal

[Worcester]

sorry to hear of the demise of your Westy :-(

I would be interested in the silencer if you still have it

Thanks

Nick

Sorry to disappoint everyone but it looks like the exhaust is sold.  If you combine those who posted on this topic with those who emailed me offline, I could have sold it ten times over!

I only had the opportunity to use mine for a month, but certainly my impression was very positive.  As I said stainless steel, tig welded and repackable.  Judging by the weight they didn't skimp on quality either - it's noticably heavier (10kg) than the stock Westfield silencer (pre-lit era) despite the box being roughly the same volume (the Westfield one is a bit narrower but longer).  I know adding weight isn't exactly ideal but in this case of the exhaust will avoid endless grief later...

I got it from Car Builder Solutions:

http://www.nfauto.co.uk/

Now I don't think they sell them anymore but I'm almost certain they outsourced the manufacture.  What happened to me was that I originally got a 5" box which was 101-102db, too loud.  They were happy to take it back (used-ish) and have me built a custom 6" one for the cost of postage so I'd no complaints about the service.

Anyway...  Why am I telling you all this?  Well I reckon the guys at CBS can either supply more or put you in touch with whoever built mine.  Then you band up and put in a bulk order.  With ten of you I'm sure you could get a fair discount off the 200 quid (inc VAT) that I paid.

HTH, have fun!

Neal

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.