Thames Valley: Not going to Le Mans?

Neil H

Is there anyone else, like me, who wishes to console themselves with the fact that they're not going to be in Le Mans this weekend?

If so, how about another attempt at making a monthly classic car meet at the below country pub? I'm lead to believe that the landlord, or barman, has a hand in organising Hambleden each year.  

Could meet at the Bird 11:00ish and find country road route there.

Alternatively, is anyone aware of a sports bar where there maybe some coverage of the start of the race - or is this sort of thing purely reserved for watching overpaid girls kicking around a pig's bladder?

The Bull Stanford Dingley.

0118 9744409

Www.thebullatstanforddingley.co.uk

Streetmap url below.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.....rch.srf

Reply if interested.

Cheers,

Neil

Probably not me, although I do want to console myself that I'm not going to Le mans, I'm going to try the consolation of testing the sprint car up and down the local bypass, asuming I get it A) finished, and B) started...

Eurosport and Radio Le Mans pour moi this year  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  ;)  ;)  ;) and some biere  :D  :D

Radio Le Mans is on t'internet via www.radiolemans.com and channel 907 on SkyDigital

From Mid-day Wednesday 15 June  :D  :D

Motors TV (Sky, channel 413) is a French TV channel, so I'm sure they'll be showing lots of Le Mans live. I believe they did last year. I have a crate of Stella and pile of cheese/baguettes/jambon/frittes at the ready, and I've pitched the tent in the back garden and have taken to peeing on the trees... So I'm not missing it at all... :down:

Looks like it's round to Blatters place for the weekend then; and no need to wash after all ;-)

My best Le Mans year - 2002.

Babes on bikes, partying with the Brethren, meeting Elvis, overtaken by Ford Granada Scorpio & Mc Donalds for breakfast, dinner and tea!

http://www.n-hatton.demon.co.uk/Westie/Trackdays/LeMans2002/index.html