Windscreen mirror

Flat Eric

Looking for a SMALL Glass (not plastic) mirror. any suggestions.

Want to mount it as high as possible, but low enough to put roof on.

Remember seeing a post, on an unrelated subject, where someone had fixed it to windscreen surround rivnut. Was this sucessful? is there much vibration?

Have done a search and I could not find it. Think the guy had a red and black car - but I might be wrong.

The car is already on the road - ie no need for SVA compliance

Try Chris Elworthy , think he is your man

Not tooo sure if Mrs Elworthy would be too happy with that arrangement  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  :D

I think there is a better solution.  A mirror mounted from the top of the scuttle.  Depending on what you want, there are various types which can be mounted 2-6 inches above the scuttle.  I had a nice chrome one on mine about 2 inches off the scuttle.  Visibility was excellent.  I now have one about 6 inches off the scuttle, and visibility is even better ( backwards! )

I agree mounting it on the skuttle is ideal position, and has been very sucessful.

However, I have now purchased a Hood bag which straps to base of roll bar and now blocks my view. (Yeh I know, bought from that place so its my own fault...)

• 2 weeks later...

My brother who also has a car from "that place" changed to a small suction cup mirror from Halfords, since his SVA friendly one kept falling off. Works a treat and since it can be mounted higher on the screen it doesn't block your view as much as a standard mirror. Might get one myself if my mirror ever falls off.

Cheers

Kev.