Thames Valley Meet this Sunday - Sussex!

Neil H

Hi All.

Sorry for short notice and lack of details. This Sundays monthly meeting coincides with the Meet the Sussex Members.

I've placed details and a route map at the below url.

Sussex Meet Map and Route

At present, for those wishing to drive down to the Sussex pub and grub meet, leave the Bird In Hand about 12-00 - so get there a little before.

I was giving some though, only a little due to lack of time, to identifying a place of interest to stop off at on the way. Can only see and think of small WW2 collection of planes at Lasham airfield. Am attempting to contact organiser to see if we could drop in on the way. If so, and if those travelling to Sussex wish to stop off, then we'll need to leave a good bit earlier!

Please let me know;

1. If you wish to join me on the drive down to the Petersfield located pub for the meet?

2. If you'd also be interest in Lasham, if it's available to us?

3. If you have any ideas of a stop off place of interest.

Cheers Neil

Sussex Meet Map and Route

Hi

I just thought you should know that the ww2 museam in lasham is 2 wrecked planes 1 pile of rust and half a helicopter in a field so to be honest it is not worth considering, the road that drives past it though is nice to drive in a westy, and the golden pot pub near to it is a lovely country pub with a nice size car park if you need some refreshment en-route.

Gary

(hants and wilts)

Hi Gary.

You're probably right on both counts.

Have driven passed the WW2 museum a couple of times years ago when going to Skirmish. Realise that it's only a relatively small and tatty collection. Just though it may give us an hours attraction on our way down to Sussex.

Apparently the road is well known and used by bikers, and therefore police! Funny enough, never done it in the Westie. Might have to rectify that come Sunday :-)

Cheers,

Neil

A tentative thumbs up from me for the meet, not so sure about the "museum" what with me being an occasional visitor to the RAF Museum at Hendon, which is but a short drive from chez Blatters...

Attendance is dependant upon supply and fitting of bits for the race car being achieved by Saturday tea time...

A tentative thumbs up from me for the meet, not so sure about the "museum" what with me being an occasional visitor to the RAF Museum at Hendon, which is but a short drive from chez Blatters...

Attendance is dependant upon supply and fitting of bits for the race car being achieved by Saturday tea time...

Blatman.

I suspect we'll give the "small collection of rusty planes in a field" a miss on this occasion - too short notice to organise an earlier depart time from the Bird - I suspect.

However, Kevin Wood has gliding membership at the airfield and can also get us into the club's cafe and patio area where we can chill and watch gliders as well. So maybe another time.

We'll more than likely change the Sussex route to go past the airfield anyway to collect Kevin and make use of the superb road down to Alton (well known amongst bikers, and The Bill)

Cheers, and hopefully see you Sunday,

Neil

:cool:

Yep. It's a trip I want to do, it's all dependent on the race car though. Curborough is in two weeks, and I don't have the cooling system or brakes fitted yet, no fuel tank, no battery fitted and it'll need a complete front end set up. Then I've got to try and start the b*******...

The words "wind sailing close to the" come to mind ;-)

Does Saturday Curbourough still have the BBQ, camping and party night? Torn between Saturday at Goodwood festival of speed or the Westie weekend.

Cheers,

Neil

Hi guys... home turf for me as I live near Alton... on your way home you may want to try

- going west on the A272 to Winchester

- A31 to Alton

- Alton to Basingstoke on the A339

and on home from there. All regarded as very blattable at the right time of the day, especially the A339, and the notorious corner at the pumping station going to Basingstoke has fewer fatal accidents when approached from the Alton end!! Likely to be fairly busy on a Sunday though.

Assuming I can get a pass out - then I'll see you there!!

The words "wind sailing close to the" come to mind ;-)

Does Saturday Curbourough still have the BBQ, camping and party night? Torn between Saturday at Goodwood festival of speed or the Westie weekend.

Cheers,

Neil

Saturday night at Curborough will be the traditional barbecue/beer/banter knees up. I reckon F.O.S until about 16.00 (if you don't mind missing out on the track action at Curborough), then drag up to Curborough for about 19-00/20.00hrs when those of us that dine out will be returning to see who's camper we'll be sitting outside for the evening...

Bring a chair, beer and a sense of humour...

Hi guys... home turf for me as I live near Alton... on your way home you may want to try

- going west on the A272 to Winchester

- A31 to Alton

- Alton to Basingstoke on the A339

and on home from there. All regarded as very blattable at the right time of the day, especially the A339, and the notorious corner at the pumping station going to Basingstoke has fewer fatal accidents when approached from the Alton end!! Likely to be fairly busy on a Sunday though.

Assuming I can get a pass out - then I'll see you there!!

Felters,thats the way I will be heading from Newbury.Isn't it a bikers disaster road from Basingstoke to Alton? I'll take it a bit easy.

Neil,

not sure of your arrangements,for meeting up.Maybe in Alton at a certain time.I have Pete,another member in tow.Seemed a bit far to go the the Bird and head back the same way.Car polished and ready to rumble.......

Felters,thats the way I will be heading from Newbury.Isn't it a bikers disaster road from Basingstoke to Alton? I'll take it a bit easy.

It can be... still a nice road though.

The Hants mob are meeting in Halfords @ Winchester

Hi All.

Final confirmation for this Sunday's (12th June) Meet The Sussex Area;

Won't be stopping off at Lasham WW2 plane museum on this occasion.

11-15

I'll pick up Dale from his place (warning: I may have re-fitted aero screens)

12-00

Leave The Bird In Hand, follow original route map as found via previous link (below).

13-30ish

Meet Justin and Kevin at Farringdon BMW dealer (SPC) just South of Alton.

14:00ish

Arrive at Seven Sisters Pub Stroud, Petersfield.

My mobile number is 07966 311817.

Good weather has been booked, but as of yet, no confirmation.

See you then,

Neil