Fuel sender re-attach

CrashBangWallop

Morning people,

I took my fuel sender/float thing out to drill a couple of returns to the tank.

Now I can't figure out how I can screw it back down again :(  I've been told there should be some kind of grub screw to hold the inner and outer seals together.  If there was one there... there aint any more. ???

Any ideas on how I can keep the 'in-tank' seal at the top of the tank when I lower it back in?  :durr:  :bangshead:

Thanks,

Neil

if its the same as mine and there are 4 bits ie main unit + 2 rubber gaskets and a metal ring with the threaded holes in it? then one of the screws is longer than all the others

so you put it together with the long screw only and just so its on its longest position. then you can slide it in on an angle and position the gaskets/ring correctly to enable the other screws to go in.

hope this helps