• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Choke bracket - a bugger to fit

avsum

I know...choke...when you've all finished sniggering, hopefully someone can tell me what worked for them?

I'm finding that because the choke bracket has to be mounted above the top chassis strut (by the drivers right knee) you have to locate it carefully to miss the lugs in the bulkhead & main bodywork. That's fine, but then...

...I've got the Westfield supplied knee protectors to consider too, this is just a vinyl covered ally panel 100x350mm you need for SVA. If I mount this after mounting the choke cable bracket whilst this is the neatest solution, I would then have to cut a bit out in order to reach the choke cable.

What have others done with their choke bracket? Mounted it somewhere else, perhaps on the side-side chassis strut just above the drivers knee? Anyone have any problems with SVA with their alternative location?

Cheers in advance guys, working towards SVA in 3 weeks!

Fitted mine to the dash just to the right of the steering wheel below indicator switch. No problems with sva as this area is except from the sharp edge check :D . only problem is if you need to remove your dash for anything then you have to disconect the choke cable from the carbs and pull the inner cable out.

Danny

Just leave it off for SVA if you're worried about it, it will almost certainly not need choke to start at this time of year anyway, I never had one on my blade for the three years the engine was in there!