Nose Grill Fixing

Steve20

I am keen to avoid the use of cable ties to hold the nose grille in place, any suggestions please ?

I used fibreglass to make 4 lugs which I then screwed self tapers into from behind the grill.  Means you cant see any fixings from the front :)

On mine I have made my own grill and fixed it in place with a polyurethane adhesive like sikaflex, NOT silicone it will fall off.

Or you could fibreglass it in place with something like P40.

Barry

Hi Barry,

How's the car coming on, by the way the blue tooth in my tin top 5 series still works a treat.

Took your advice and ordered the bodywork today although I don't need it for a couple of months.

Cheers Steve

HI Steve car nearly finished going to collect it tomorrow from JP Exhausts in macclesfield then taking it striaght to Northampton to the NAR Group for the cooling system to be fitted hopefully back home in a couple of weeks and get the SVA done on the 20th.

Not been up for a couple of weeks hopefully next tuesday the 7th be around for a coffee and chat and a look at your project in progress.

Barry

There is a picture of the car on a trailor in "parts for sale" in my ad of "wheels for sale"

I bond a peice of brake pipe around the nose cone and then fit tie wraps through the grill neat and easy to remove the grill for cleaning.

I Sikaflexed half a dozen aly brackets around the opening, and cable tied the grill to those.