Rolling road day

adhawkins

Hi,

Just wanted to say thanks to Tony Sighe for arranging todays rolling road shootout in Shipton under Witchwood. Had a good day (despite the weather) and at least it stayed dry for most of the drive home!

Happy with my result of 202 BHP, but I'll be phoning JWT to see if he can send down the other 10 horses he promised me ;)

If anyone has any photos of my car (or me bricking myself :0) then I'd be grateful of a copy. Please PM or e-mail me.

Thanks

Andy

I have, but not with me. I gave it to Tony so it didn't get wet on the way home.

According to the original 'For Sale' ad, the engine spec is:

87mm BORE C20XE VAUXHALL 16 VALVE .

ACCRALITE FORGED INTRUDER PISTONS GIVING 11.48:1 COMPRESSION.

COMPLETE ENGINE BALANCE OF STANDARD CRANK AND RODS,ARP ROD BOLTS.

FULLY PORTED AND FLOWED CYLINDER HEAD, WASTED STEM INLET VALVES, STANDARD CAMSHAFTS AND HYDRAULIC TAPPETS.

FULLY MATCHED INLET MANIFOLD TO BOTH CYL HEAD AND 45mm JENVEY THROTTLE BODIES.

DTA ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM.

TONY LAW BONNET EXIT EXHAUST MANIFOLD LEADING TO WUNOFF SILENCER ( 98dbs) .

212BHP. 540KG.

392 HORSEPOWER PER TON.

Apologies for the caps, but that's how the original ad was.

Andy

202bhp on standard cams is very good would not think you would have that much let alone 212bhp

Yep, I know. The 'complaint' about being down on horsepower was tongue in cheek. People who know about these things were expecting me to see about 190 BHP or so on standard cams.

I guess it's a testament to JWTs engine building skills...

:t-up:

Andy

I got 185bhp with standard cams on my old engine, that was complete standard bar TB's ;)   Must have been the way I put it together :p

Oh, and while I remember, Mike (aka The Duck), make sure you're at the meet this week. Tony has your 'prize' (I think).

:)

Andy

I got 185bhp with standard cams on my old engine, that was complete standard bar TB's ;)   Must have been the way I put it together :p

:p Or the rolling road not telling the truth.  :devil: Before I rebuilt the engine in my sprint car it made an unbelievable 188bhp on carbs an standard engine with Westfiel exhaust. Now according to a different rolling road now with T/bodies matched to manifold matched to head, Better exhaust 4:2:1 with 2 1/2inch pipe into a 6" diameter silencer,  forged pistons, SBD252 cams and a gas flowed head is only making another 30bhp.  Pah rolling roads ah eusa_doh.gif

Edited car spec

but I'll be phoning JWT to see if he can send down the other 10 horses he promised me

Mazda, RX8 and America spring to mind :p

Nice figures though.. better look at booking a flight in it soon ;)

Although, being called the purple throbber... perhaps that should be 'a ride on it :D

Well, if the weather clears next week maybe I'll bring it in to work...

Andy

Oh, and while I remember, Mike (aka The Duck), make sure you're at the meet this week. Tony has your 'prize' (I think).

Andy

No he hasn't, or at least not after tonight. I'm sure he said he was going to enjoy a nice drink ;)  :D  :D

As for photos speak to Mark, he's got video footage of the Duck's and Rob's car aswell.

Managed to sort the route out for MTNBBQ aswell which is good, just got to right it all up nice and get it sent of for approval. Not a bad day in all, apart from the weather and my bonnet getting scratched when the wind blew it over  :oops: never mind - anyone got any good tips on getting scratches out (BRG Colour)

Malc.

Although, being called the purple throbber... perhaps that should be 'a ride on it :D

Lets get this right you want a ride on Andy's purple throbber?

Taxi runaway.gif

Lets get this right you want a ride on Andy's purple throbber?

Hey...I'm a magnet for the ladies, so I guess it's only natural that I can turn a few guys' heads too...

:p

Andy