One hundred & f****** how much!!!

david.c

No mention of the WSCC though, shame on you Windy!

Had sticker on car, but it was a bit blurred in the photo :angry:  :p

Should have taken him in the westy - Then he would feel the speed !!!!

I think the Flymo would have been the only Westy capable of that. May well have taken off at that speed ;)  :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• studbuckle

• david.c

• steve_m

• PeterOz

oh and if anyone wants to read the West Mercia policy on authorised breaking the speed limit, I have a copy on my desktop. It really is WIDE open with no specific area realting to 'vehicle familiarisation'... I'm betting that that changes pretty soon

It was changed yesterday...... No more vehicle testing like this without having an instructor in the car.

And Windy - has anyone tested the effectiveness of the armco containing a car at 160mph round the Millbrook Bowl?  I remember thinking about it on both my high speed passenger rides round there.  It really shows the difference between 100-120mph and this 150mph stuff as well. It really is a different arena at the higher speeds....

Windy, the journo said " . . . or parallel parking at this speed . . ."  Did he have a few drinks before getting into the car ?  :D

Windy, the journo said " . . . or parallel parking at this speed . . ."  Did he have a few drinks before getting into the car ?  :D

I suspect Windy had been 'demonstrating' Parrallel parking using only the throttle prior to his bowl run :)

Having read the flack (mostly) that this copper is getting, it is quite refreshing to back to read the stories posted here OK, so none of them are true, but... :D

• 2 weeks later...

this just in (from sniff petrol)

Following the controversial case of a policeman acquitted of speeding and dangerous driving despite travelling at 159mph on public roads, it has emerged that yet more officers have completely broken the law and then been let off for no f***** good reason. One such case involved PC Dave Twatt of Cheshire Constabulary who stole a car and then drove it at high speeds through the centre of Northwich, stopping briefly to score some crack before veering through a busy pedestrianised shopping street. However, the court was told that as a crime prevention officer it was vital that PC Twatt "familiarised" himself with the methods of local repeat offenders and that this included theft, dangerous driving and the eventual arson of the stolen vehicle. PC Twatt's case follows that of PC Dave ****t of Warwickshire Constabulary who last month was acquitted of getting whacked off his tits on cocaine and brandy because he was "familiarising" himself with seized goods, driving at 172mph in a 30mph zone past a school because he was "familiarising" himself with a stolen-recovered Ferrari and then getting hold of a semi-automatic rifle and killing 14 people in a crowded cinema because he was "familiarising" himself with new police weaponry. A police statement was quick to point out that all forces remained committed to the war on speeding motorists and that ordinary drivers should not assume they are above the law without first becoming police officers

it must be judged that it WAS safe for him to do those speeds in that car in the conditions such that they were at the time.

Mmm no sorry I competley disagree I am pi44ed of with this one rule for them and another for the rest of ous crap! b******* what he does for a livining if he is not working at the time of driving the vehicle then he SHOULD be driving at the speed limit the same as every one else! :angry:

if we go by the idea that people who are properly trained and therefore can do what ever speed they like rule then you alow racing drivers of various levels to do what ever speeds they feel is apropriate and befor long the whole system goes to pot!

Bottom line if I cant exeed the speed limit then neither can he I dont give a rats  :arse: how well trained he is!

if we go by the idea that people who are properly trained and therefore can do what ever speed they like rule then you alow racing drivers of various levels to do what ever speeds they feel is apropriate and befor long the whole system goes to pot!

I must admit I cast my mind back a couple of years to all the rally drivers who got nicked for speeding in Wales.

I'd wager Colin McCrae could outdrive the policeman involved ???  ???  ???

David