One hundred & f****** how much!!!

david.c

Two words can answer that (and most other points)

German

Autobahn

The Germans have much better quality of roads, they have far better awareness and are taught how to drive and generally have a far better attitude than we do.

It's not just what the plod might have done, but it's far too easy to come round a corner on even a motorway and find a lorry doing 50mph with his mate trying to overtake at 50.5mph.  Or a couple of p******** up chavs in their Nova seeing if they can drive on the gravel in the central reservation at 70 mph.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• studbuckle

• david.c

• steve_m

• PeterOz

listening to voice in his head

Given that this guy's also on the firearm squad, I hope he isn't busy listening to voices in his head  :0

Oh and one other key phrase that this officer must have been adhering too... this will also put the nunney into trafalgar square...

Speed is goverened by "The distance you can see to be clear to stop on your side of the road"

I will keep my opinion on the speed and subsequent aquital to myself, however its always easy to critisise the cops but just remember who charged him with the offence in the first place,and  presented the evidence to the CPS.

;)

It would appear this guy was probably not liked by someone, as it was the film in his own car which was the cause of the case. I doubt anyone on here given the opportunity to have a fast run would pass it up this guy was the same, no matter what the excuse.

The thing with cases like this is the disparity between civilians and the police, what this case hung on was the fact he acted like other police who are told to familurise themselves with the vehicle before it was needed in an emergancy. This copper is a firearms officer, now if someone is shooting at me I want someone there fast to help, not be bound by a speed limit. the reason he got off was that the force he worked for had no policy for him to follow regarding training.

On the Jeremy Vine show we had the same old speed kills message, people who had lost loved ones in road accidents, all spouting the same old rubbish without the real facts.

I am no fan of the police, or rather the way they have politically become used, but in this case there was never a case to answer. The CPS should have dealt with it differently.

like to see how you would act if you lost a loved one in a rta. Spouting of your out of order saying that.

Today I was involved at work in a study continuing on from this news. I'm told all will be revealed in the Guardian newspaper tomorrow. Buy a copy!  :D  :t-up:

Lets just imagine for a moment that He had a Tyre blow out at 150 MPH and careered into a couple of cars, wiping them out   ???  :down:

Sorry, Being an Advanced driver doesn't make you invinsible  :suspect:

What bugs is the hypocrasy

time and time again

the guy broke the law plain and simple

not only that but he abused his position like has happened so many times

If any of you had got clocked at those speeds you would have been banned automatically, paid a hefty fine, possibly lost your job and found great difficulty in ever getting insurance at anything like an affordable rate for years to come

whose kidding who ?

like to see how you would act if you lost a loved one in a rta. Spouting of your out of order saying that.

The point I was making was it is always the same people who are trotted out on such occasions. No one will deminish their pain for the loss they have suffered but it is a fact of life that we all do things that might kill us, or someone we love. The media know what a sensitive issue this is and abuse the situation every time by allowing these people to share their grief with us. They also allow the same organisations like Brake Rospa to, yes spout their views. I have heard so many debates where a reasoned response from experts have won the facts against these organisations who then pull out the trump card, a mother, father, husband etc of an accident victim, I have yet to see anyone hard enough to react badly towards them.I abhore the way these people are used for political gain and manipulated so cynically to cause emotional blackmail to others.

In the case of this copper the best way would have been for the police complaints board to have dealt with the issue, as the police and CPS brought the prosecution, we could conclude they were not happy, so this copper might have had a more severe punishment from them, by putting it in court they took pot luck, the evidence in his defence outweighed the prosecution.

No where did I say he was right in this case. If you read it I said he was acquited because his force had no policy as to the nature of the training in a new car, where other officers did exactly as he did with tacit support from the force.

The wider issue is what is reasonable for a traffic/firearms officer to do? In normal training others have said 145MPH four up in a car is not uncommon, is that unreasonable, I do not think so. I want well trained high speed drivers in appropriate cars to protect us, we already see officers told to break off pursuits because the car thay are chasing is being driven so badly, do we really want people to get away?

I did not set out to cause offence or upset to anyone reading this who have lost loved ones, and if I have inadvertly upset anyone I offer my apologies.

:t-up:

No mention of the WSCC though, shame on you Windy! :D

Andy

Oh well. One journo goes to 159mph and back...... nice one Windy but I would've been more interested to shut GMTV up by doing a brake test from that speed and proving that you can't just take the figures off the back of the highway code and multiply the 70mph figure by 2.something.... which is what they did!

oh and if anyone wants to read the West Mercia policy on authorised breaking the speed limit, I have a copy on my desktop. It really is WIDE open with no specific area realting to 'vehicle familiarisation'... I'm betting that that changes pretty soon

It really is WIDE open with no specific area realting to 'vehicle familiarisation'... I'm betting that that changes pretty soon

Lets hope so

David

P.S. Nice one Windy