Registration

Flappa

Flappa

In case I forget, hope you get sorted on Thursday, unless of course they've read your snotty letter and won't let you register it at any price..... :(  :(

Meant to go out in mine on Sunday  :D  but wheel arch protectors and half a boot box later and it's 7 pm already :(  :(

Still, it's going to be a glorious summer  :p  :p

Kerry S

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CocoPops

• Flappa

• KerryS

• jeff oakley

My Dad's been to the Manchester DVLA office today, didn't have all the forms filled out, but when he asked them about it they said they wanted to see the car, he explained how do I get it here when it's not registered, they said trade plates (!;), he said I haven't got any, they said well you'll have to trailer it then. And so makes a recipe for one fuming Father. ???

Anyway, he's taken the form and going to fill it in and then try the Chester DVLA.

If that doesn't work then maybe we'll have to trailer it, although getting the local plod to help may be an easier option?

what about shrewsbury dvla. Im gong for SVA retest tesday and was hoping to get it sorted on the way home.

Has any body else had dealings with dvla in shrewsbury?

Yep, did Shrewsbury DVLA after my SVA retest on Monday.

They were excellent with me, gave me the forms, filled them in while they went through my file of invoices/paperwork. Then popped down to the carpark, inspected the car. Asked me if I wanted to wait while they raised the registration number! Probably took about an hour and a half or so. But all done now.

As on another DVLA thread, my Dad went to Chester DVLA today, got an appointment for tommorrow, and he can drive the car there too!

In the end I'm now taking it to be inspected AGAIN at the VOSA site in Birmingham this Thursday. I wasn't getting anywhere with the DVLA, and its not as if I can go anywhere else :p

They openly admit that the situation is crazy but thats how it is, at least for now.

I would recommend though that anyone getting close to SVA check things out at which ever DVLA office they intend to use. I was advised that they are changing to use the VOSA facilities more for health & safety reasons. It may save you a trip. If this saves 0ne person the ball ache that I've had it'll be worth it.

Thanks all