Registration

Flappa

I just tried to call the B'ham office to see if the reg would be ready today........

Typically you can't just be put through to the office :(

So they've taken my details.... and someone will call me within 2hrs....... I wait to see!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CocoPops

• Flappa

• KerryS

• jeff oakley

Oh, and I think the inspection place in Birmingham is actually at a site just down the road from the SVA centre about 1/2 mile away, not at the same place.

DVLA Vehicle Inspections at VOSA, Unit 10, Elmdon Trading Estate, Birmingham ???

So they've taken my details.... and someone will call me within 2hrs....... I wait to see!

I had that 3 times :arse:  :arse:  :arse:

Flappa

Request all your application back if you can ever get  to speak to them on the phone (Nottm told me they have no public incoming phone lines) drive up to Nottm and get it sorted - might still be quicker :p  :p

Kerry S

On a Tuesday and Thursday afternoon apparently.

Aaah, the picture becomes clearer. They sent me a letter with an appointment for next Thursday at 1:30pm.

I bet you the inspector probably lives in the next street to me as well :bangshead:

drive up to Nottm and get it sorted - might still be quicker

Kerry,

The problem is that it is NOT legal to drive it, and it's not a risk I'm willing to take.

I've sent them a letter today stating my frustrations and asking for them to inspect it at my house or get PC plod to call round and do it.

I can't tell you how bl**dy frustrated I am over this. Talk about incompetence, what a waste of space bunch of  :arse:

Tell me about it!

Jeff had to trailer the car from Bristol to Birmingham just for the test :angry:

10mins and that was it.

Still trying to find out if I can get the reg details today for the weekend, otherwise I have to wait another week :(

Flappa

I meant go without the car! I know it'd be illegal to take it there. If it's the Madness kit like mine with CON from WF and with original recepit, they shouldn't need to see it, they didn't want to see mine.

Hope progress improves.

Kerry S

did mine all in one day........  Derby SVA....14.30

Notts DVLA...16.15     ... 17.15.... reg in hand

syston.... Plates made up .... 19.00

Home... plates fitted.... 19.45

blatted for 2hrs and got back at 22.30..... :p:p:p:p:p:p:p

After trying the "guilt" trick on the phone to the woman that does kit registrations, she did it for me before she ;eft for the day.

I have just got back from Halfrauds where the plates were made up.

Ready to go for tomorrow now :D

/cues music....

"I'm soooo excited......"

"Jeff had to trailer the car from Bristol to Birmingham just for the test"

Why ? SVA office is Avonmouth, DVLA is in Stoke Gifford, Bristol - why go to Birmingham ? Or am I missing something obvious ......

Why ? SVA office is Avonmouth, DVLA is in Stoke Gifford, Bristol - why go to Birmingham ? Or am I missing something obvious ......

Because I registered it at DVLA birmingham, they had to inspect it in b'ham.

It's now tucked up in my garage.

The car was built in Bristol and SVAed there, as I had sold it to Cocopops he was to be the first registered owner. Now the DVLA have changed the registration process and now you have to take two forms of ID to register the car as well as all the paperwork. So Lee went to the  Birmingham DVLA, near where he works, who then asked to see the car. So trailer up and then had to show they guy who admmitted knowing nothing about cars where all the numbers were. 10 mins on my way home.

It is job creation where numbers already checked and put onto the MAC certificate by one goverment official needs to be checked by another.

Anyway it is all done now. :t-up: