Pre SVA check

geofff

Hi,

I must admit after receiving the rather lengthy note detailing the work needing to be done (and Iain talking me through it) I was rather down   :down:

However on reading the list on the way back I now feel a lot happier and it's not toooooooo much work  :)

To summarize the main points (hopefully to help others ∨ just for general amusement :D  )  :

headlamp wiring - dip on one and main on other and vice versa

Unable to read speedo from drivers seat - but it does read accurately  :D

Various covering / rubber strips - I honestly thought I'd gone to town on this - apparently I'm not paranoid enough  :D  - harness triangles by your shoulders   :arse:

Raise ride height for indicators

Twist round brake hose (remote reservoir) so the BSI standard shows :arse:

Various cable ties on wiring etc....again I thought I'd went to town   :durr:

Underdash area & ecu coverage

Fit fuel tank breather - the rubber pipe bit

Secure handbrake cable to panhard rod

One of my calipers has siezed by the looks of things (8 months ago since rebuild and then stored on chassis) so Iain ran through how to unseize it.

Brake pipe from MC to front T piece - it seems my bending may have been a bit tight - replace   :arse:    :arse:    :arse:    :arse:    :arse:   I just want to use my Eezibleed again  :D

I have an old type (shorter) exhaust cover so I need to mock up something to cover the exhaust / chassis bracket.

I'll fit the water rail while I'm about it  -  should cure the lose water pipe syndrome.

Didn't get the exhaust noise level checked though  :(  Anybody got a noise meter?   :D  ???

Destressing run, food, "couple"  :)  of fingers of whisky. I'll log on tomorrow with a  headache probably  :)

Good luck

Geoff

Note to self:

Kepp a positive mental attitude & don't be a sulky ba$tard - and I was for a while when I saw that list.