• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Oil pressure

tankerman24

Hi there

I bought my first westfield just over a month ago, 1700 crossflow twin 45's. I love it. the only problem I have found with it is some times under heavy braking or hard cornering the oil light comes on an the pressure gauge drops to nil , blip the throttle and its back to normal, it only happens when I drive it hard. my freinds in my local workshop are going to look at it for me in a few weeks time just wondered if anybody had any Ideas.

Only thing we could think of was when the sump was shortened was the pick up pipe shortened a fraction too much.

any ideas would be welcome. I joined the club last month and know what a helpfull bunch you are

cheers :)  :)

Sounds like oil surge, could be pick up being shortened too much; but also, do you know what baffling the sump has?

If none, then that's probably the most likely cause.

There've been a few threads on oil surge recently, a search should give you a few ideas of what to look at.  :D

If the sump is baffled, then the thread below might help.

Here's one