Castle combe Action day

karlgurney

Anyone going?  Great day, I went last year and just missed out on the half price track passes for wscc   :(   Is there any avalible for this year? reason is i'm gonna book and pay up front.

Karl

Contact Tony Sighe, our AO. His name on here is (funnily enough) Tony Sighe. Drop him an e-mail.

It's on our list of 'would like to go', but June is a busy month :)

Andy

got a leaflet throught the post, ref noise issues  100dB measured at 4500rpm on a static, sound meter at 1/2 meters,    BEC are checked at 3/4 max rpm limit of 105dB

Combe static is normally 100dbA at half a metre, same as Motorsport Events so you should be OK.

The Classic and Sports car days are normally pretty well behaved, but keep your eyes peeled on track. And don't think you can brake after Avon Rise. You can't (unless you're going slow). The first time you try it *will* be your last, trust me. There is very little run off at Quarry, and there is a reason for the big crowd at that corner...

Evenin' Karl :)

How come BEC's get a higher noise limit?

Evening Mr B, not sure on the bike engines??  Quarry is very entertaining took it easy last time for that reason, the first season of the day someone wiped there motor out so that was a good warning sign to us all.  Good track hoping to get more time track time than last year.

Karl

Whenever I go to watch at Combe, I always sit at Quarry.

I enjoy driving Combe as well. Sadly I don't think I can make this years event as the sprint car is still minus an engine...

They didn't last time we were there...ask Malcolm (who got Black flagged...)

Karl, if we're going, you might well see the Throbber. Not sure about the 'in action' bit, it'll depend on whether I pass noise test.

Andy

• 1 month later...

Just got back, left early because got a few things to do this afternoon. Had a good track session for a few laps, until I developed a vibration on the front wheels under heavy braking. Fine on the way home despite a few 'trial' stops.

There's some pictures here.

Andy

They didn't last time we were there...ask Malcolm (who got Black flagged...)

100 Db static for BEC's too, last September I was measured at 100 with a "we'll monitor you on track" (noise posts round circuit), anyway went out on track and they were deliberating for so long as to whether or not I was noisey enough to pull of by the time they showed me the flag it was 1-2 laps from end of session so I didn't miss much.  Got it tested again today (haven't done anythng about exhaust yet) not expecting it to pass, they didn't tell me what I was they just said forget it.  I supose it helps them in a way with the recent goings on about noise they've been having, as all cars are logged down on a sheet so they have a hard copy of cars they have turned away and passed due to noise and shows how they are trying/keeping the noise down.

Malc.

Edited to add: Some nice snaps Luned took Andy, I'll pass on mine later in the week once I've had them developed (hope they come out well).

Hi all,

At last the sun shined on us!

Like the pics Andy/Luned - I have a few more to add.

Also have a small video of the Megabusa pulling 220 bhp on the rolling road (at 110dbs ! )

Great day but need to get some grippier tyres soon! (sideways at 100mph isn't all it's cracked up to be :p )

Hope we get good weather for Meet the Neighbours!

Tony