Picnic at Ogmore on Sea

Pembroke Pat

The South Wales Kit Car Club hold a regular picnic at Ogmore on Sea ( south of Bridgend) every year.  It is normally a fairly laid back family friendly affair.

The SWKCC would like to invite members of the WSCC to come along ( and bring a burger).

Normally the club meet from about midday to spend the afternoon having a BBQ.

Look forward to seeing you there

Pat

(p.s. I will confirm exact timings closer to the event)

13th May

Look at the bottom of the main page.

Same Place Same time.

I need to do some phoning around again to remind blokes in Haverfordwest, letterston and Fishguard.

I used to surf off of Ogmore, and the little stoney beach to the East down the rediculosly steep slope.

My dad caught scarlet fever there at the scout camp, it was 1932... :p

Southerndown??

Yep that was it, nasty point break on the right over a reef, and a rock beach break at low tide. Very strong currents as well, often had to paddle back to the wrong beach and walk back to the car :down:

All very interesting but are you interested in showing up?

:D  :D  :D

C'mon Pat....this is the Boardroom....what d'you expect.....!!

All depends on the weather really, I guess! But if its a nice day there's certainly worse places to be.... :cool:

• 1 month later...

Update :- £5 charge for food if you don't bring your own to share.  but a few days warning would be appreciated.

Pat

The South Wales Kit Car Club hold a regular picnic at Ogmore on Sea ( south of Bridgend) every year.  (p.s. I will confirm exact timings closer to the event)

Rob  hope this helps  :devil:

When I get a westy I would love the trip  :)

A483 thru mid wales is just :D  :D  :D

Im up for a visit to Sotherndown.

When and where?

Rob

Well I'm sure you'll find a few people there.......but I think the kit cars are going to be at Ogmore.............there's a small clue in the title...... ;)

Mind you that road up the hill from Ogmore over the top to Southerndown is a little cracker..... :love:  :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

SWKCC will be meeting up from 10 am at the sea front at Ogmore on sea.  I understand that there is a car park there and that the kit cars will be down at the west end of the beach.

Again £5 for as much as you can eat or bring your own.  Please let me know if you want food provided (otherwise there may not be enough)