First timer old timer

Good morning Gentlemen. As a new member to the Westfield fraternity be gentle with me. To own a sportscar has always been my dream but far away from my abilities. I have been a car nut for years and have been the proud owner of (shoosh a Ford Capri) for some time which I have modified as far as I can. OK, so I must be some sort of nutter. Well no. If you like a bit of back end entertainment then the Capri is excellent fun. Now the kids are gone and retirement is looming I thought it my last chance to indulge before the wife stops the spending, so a Westfield SEI wide now sits in the garage. I hope to communicate frequently as I have many questions to be answered.

congratulations goodluck and above all enjoy I dont think you will be disapointed! :D

Dont be afraid to ask any questions were really quite freindly and we dont bite! wellmost of us dont  :D

Welcome.

What spec is your car (year engine colour etc)?

Also, Where in the country are you?  Will you be going to Stoneleigh this weekend?

If so I may are I may see you there.

Kirk

Can we have that in English please? I don't speak Gibberish :D

To the original poster, welcome aboard. I trust you'll be joining the club? :)

Andy

Alan, get down to the Surrey Area meet if you can - see the local link on the WSCC main page for venue and day/time  ;)

Can we have that in English please? I don't speak Gibberish :D

To the original poster, welcome aboard. I trust you'll be joining the club? :)

Andy

In the words of Ralf Wiggum 'me fail english, thats unpossible'.

Kirk

Thanks guys for the greeting. Well first I live in Horley Surrey. I purchase the car three weeks ago. It is a 1994 SEIW originally green when registered. It was rebuilt after an accident which occurred just after it was registered but as far as I know only took to the road a couple of years ago. As for the engine, this is a bit of a mystery. It is a 1690 crossflow and the head has double valve springs.It has twin Weber 40's and that is  as much as i know untill I investigate more. It is very cammy and appears to want to fly at 3000 rpm. There are some rattles to sort, I think the cam chain and gearbox appear to rattle when changing at high revs. Nothing more than I expected from a Second hand car. The colour is now blue with a boot lid to match. I should like to add photos but do not know how to upload them yet. Any advice?

I should like to add photos but do not know how to upload them yet. Any advice?

Once your membership comes through ( ;) ) follow the link to the thread in my sig.

Andy